Ch. 20 - Loyalty to Obelia (2)

"May Blessings and Glory... Be brought to the Twin Stars of the Obelian Empire."

Athanasia sighs once again

Athanasia sighs once again. She feels so flustered while Felix was following her back to their room—hers and Arius'.

Speaking of her idiotic brother, she had to act all cutesy just so Claude wouldn't confine Arius to their room.

Recalling the earlier nerve-wracking encounter, Athanasia sighs again. 'Arius, you better thank me.' She clenches her hand, flames erupting behind her.

"Bye, bye, Felix," Athanasia waves farewell to the knight. Despite how scared she was last night, she calmed down after Felix gave her chocolate. 'Was it a bribe? I don't care.'

Athanasia hesitates for a moment before eventually opening the door. And there, on his bed, was her brother. Arius was reading a book while munching on a cookie—'The sheets will get dirty.'

Everything seemed so normal that you wouldn't think they were scolded earlier. Well, everything but the ball and chain on Arius' ankle.

"Ah, Athy!" Arius perks up, settling down the book while finishing the cookie. "Well~, isn't it nice that you visited my prison!" He exclaims with a smile. But Athanasia can hear the sarcasm.

When Arius said he'll take all the blame, he did. So much so that Athanasia was moved.

Her jeweled blue eyes darts to the physical restraint device on his ankle, brows furrowed. "Arius, stop your pranks already," Athanasia starts, nearing him.

She gently touches the ball before it disperses into particles.

It was merely an illusion. The actual restraint was a mana blocker, resulting in Arius being unable to use his magic.

"How did you do that anyway? Did you tamper with the thing already?" Athanasia raises a brow, plopping down at her bed beside his.

"I asked Lucas," was Arius' answer, the golden-haired boy back to reading.

"Why?"

"I wanted the authentic feeling of being a prisoner."

"....." Athanasia groans, punching her unfortunate pillow. She would like to throw a pillow, but that may cause the cookies to spill.

Arius laughs, flipping to another page. Silence encompassed them for a minute, making Athanasia loosen up. Face-planting to her pillow, she mumbles, "Hey..."

"Yes?"

"The child you bought is being checked by Daddy." At her statement, Arius nearly chokes. Evening his breathing, an awkward chuckle left his mouth.

"Now... Is he?" Worry was evident in his voice, his face paling. After a second, Arius crumples down while hiding his face in his hands. "I'm getting into more trouble, aren't I?"