Ch. 18 - Noir et Blanc (2)

"Black and white. We're the complete opposite. Despite that, you're the heartless one– after all, who was the one that followed after the old man?"

 Despite that, you're the heartless one– after all, who was the one that followed after the old man?"

A week became quicker when Athanasia repeatedly dragged the two to play. Sometimes they snuck out. Other times, they stuck inside the library to read.

It was rather bold of Athanasia to read the Lovely Princess with the two present, but they didn't seem to notice.

Anyways, the carriage was set for Arius to visit the Alpheus Manor. "Do you really have to visit the dog's place?" Claude grumbles with a disgruntled expression.

Arius laughs at this. "Papa, stop being salty. I said I'll only be there for three hours," he tries to reassure. But Claude didn't seem convinced, crossing his arms in response.

"Three hours? Can't it be one minute?"

"Papa... I won't even be able to enter the living room when you say that," Arius states with a deadpan, averting his gaze from his clearly apprehensive father.

Ignoring Claude who insulted the Duke, Arius saw how Athanasia greeted Eclair. The burgundy-haired girl stepped down the carriage to be greeted by a hug.

"Eclair! I miss you so much!" Athanasia exclaims with glee.

A faint laugh slips past Eclair's lips. She pats Athanasia's back, a modest smile on her lips. "But Athy, we met last month," Eclair claims, yet she still returns the warm hug.

The minor scene no longer bothered Arius. Usually, he would have stomped his way there and snatched his sister away. But now, he was unfazed.

Ignore the bitter look on his face.

"Prince," Felix calls out, "The carriage is ready."

"Well then." Arius turns to his father, his blank visage making him stifle a chuckle. "Papa, I'll be going."

Arius waves his hand to Claude and Athanasia, entering the carriage. Plopping on the comfortable seat, he peeks out the window.

He could see Athanasia hold Claude back. She still had a smile but the twitching brow gave her annoyance.

"Hahaha!" He finally gives in to his laughter, mellowing on the couch. With a sigh, Arius senses how the carriage began moving.

The bumps disrupted his short nap every now and then, watching the sceneries pass by to remove his boredom.

'Now that I think about it, isn't this the place I saw that strange kid?' Arius thinks, 'Dark cedar hair and piercing orange eyes... How unique.' After recalling the figure's features, a voice manifested near him.

"Coal," Coy says out of nowhere, "Icecream."

Arius raises a brow at his words. "What are you blabbering about? Coal, ice cream? Just so you know, there are no such flavors."