Ch. 41 - Unveiling Jewels (2)

"Princess, I'm grateful you invited me once more! I will cherish this to the day I die..."

"So, I got the chance to see Lady Quitterie of Marquess House Chastain the other day

"So, I got the chance to see Lady Quitterie of Marquess House Chastain the other day."

"Oh! Did she seem as angelic as the rumors say?"

"I dare to say the rumors don't even do her justice."

"Kyaa!"

"Still, I'm more into Lady Eclair..."

'Who am I? Where am I?'

Athanasia watches the Noble girls talk with each other

Athanasia watches the Noble girls talk with each other. She felt somewhat awkward being unable to add anything into the conversation.

Athanasia adorned a sailor-style uniform for today's picnic, the color scheme being red, blue, and white. Her golden tresses were tied into pigtails, a red beret hat pinned at the top of her head.

"Did you have fun at the tea party?" Claude asks while petting Athanasia's hair.

"Yeah! It was fun!" Athanasia enthusiastically proclaims. She rests her chin on her palms, a giant smile on her face.

"Hmm."

'... And thus–'

They all sat on a soft pink cloth over the grass. The guests were all the previous girls during Athanasia's first tea party: Jennette, Helena, Estine, Sienna, Beryl, and Hyacinth.

'Before it was even time to turn a page of the calendar, another picnic was held.'

Athanasia scans the familiar faces of the Noble girls.

'I noticed this last time as well, but in the list of guests, I sensed no political motives or hierarchy. Dad must be wanting to me to make real friends...'

"Right!" Helena exclaims with passion, "And that dangerous charm in her eyes makes you feel secured!"

Even when the subject was Eclair, Athanasia was too exhausted to pay attention.