Ch. 11 - Noble: blue blood (1)

"Daddy, Daddy! Did you know that fairies never actually die? We just forget them... That's why Mommy will always be in your heart, right?"

"Daddy! We missed you!" Athanasia exclaims with glee, a heart-warming smile with rosy cheeks

"I didn't– ow!" Arius grumbles, wincing when Athanasia stepped on his foot. "What was that for..." He mumbles with a frown.

Claude was silent but gave one glare to Arius who stuck his tongue out. Athanasia, who saw the whole ordeal, tries to not show her annoyance.

'You're tired? You asked your sweet adorable daughter and son to come to see you after such a long time and you're tired?'

Sweat drips from Felix's face as he stares at the slightly apprehensive smile on Athanasia. Arius, who saw how unresponsive Claude was, grins.

"You look like you haven't slept for years!" Arius, like always, provokes him. Claude gives him another glare before sighing.

Athanasia once again steps on Arius' feet, earning an Ouch! from her brother as her brow twitches. 'Won't you stop playing once in a while, Arius? I kinda pity Claude... He only slept for about four hours... Geez. Being an Emperor is not for everyone.'

Seeing the awkward and tense air, Felix suggested, "Your Majesty, the weather's nice today. How about going for a walk outside?"

Claude seems to contemplate while he and Arius would have a small stare-down. Those two were both on each other's nerve after Claude ate a slice of Arius' cake and Arius ripped some books as revenge.

Athanasia, on the other hand, stares with sparkling eyes at the golden throne. She felt like snatching it away right there and then but restrains herself.

"A walk. That doesn't sound so bad," Claude mutters, standing up from his throne making his way down the short steps. The father and son duo shared one last glare before both ended it, the entire scene unknown to Athanasia.

'That throne is so awesome no matter how many times I see it. I want to snag a piece.' Her interest was solely on the golden throne that she tugged on the clothes of the person she thought was Felix.

"What is it?" Claude implores, staring down at a confused Athanasia.