Ch. 14 - Noble: Lady Angel (4)

"Lady Angel... Huh– Lady Angel?! Why you– Lucas!"

 Huh– Lady Angel?! Why you– Lucas!"

"Uh, Dad. Athy can walk by herself..." Athanasia tried to persuade.

"This is faster," was Claude's frank answer, his hands supporting Athanasia while Arius was following them with Felix.

Athanasia was wearing a red oriental-styled dress with Arius donning a matching one for young boys. Claude, as always, wore a white robe accompanied by a green sash.

'Is there a reason why we have to take a walk faster...?' Athanasia wonders with her gaze to the ground. 'Plus, why does Arius get to walk?'

"That's right. It's not good to overwork your body yet, Princess," Felix comments. His hand was now held by Arius, the child snacking on a lollipop.

Claude, who saw the intertwined hand, scowls.

'I woke up after forty-eight days... And now I'm learning how to walk again. I fell down before because my muscles had weakened.' She recalls how Arius burst into tears when she tripped. 'Though isn't that a bit... Dramatic?'

"It's a nice day today, we can walk all the way to the back garden," Felix claims, unfazed at Claude's nearly unnoticeable glare.

'Must you carry me though?' Athanasia asks in her hand, looking at her silent older brother. 'And why hasn't Arius said anything yet?'

"Your Majesty, should I carry the Princess?" Felix suggests.

Claude immediately refuted, "Take five steps back." He then looks down on Arius, the child reincorporating the stare. "And let go of Arius' hand. He can walk on his own."

Felix gives a cat-like frown at this but obliges. He releases his hand and retreats. Arius crosses his arms, a dissatisfied look on his face, grumbling, "Someone's salty..."

Athanasia perks up at this, a bewildered look on her visage. 'Don't tell me!' She observes her older brother, diamonds scanning his small form. 'This is what they call puberty?!'

Arius noticed her stare. "What is it, Athy?" He asks with a tilted stare.

"Ah, nothing," Athanasia responds, calming down. Despite that, Arius didn't believe her but shrugs it off. 'Don't overthink, Athanasia. He's still seven,' she told herself, resting her head on Claude's shoulder.

And it was not even a second passed when a problem arose. "Owwie," Athanasia let out, her hairpin pulling Claude along.

"What is it?" Claude implores, not bothered at the small prick he felt. Arius has done worse after all.

Speaking of the Devil—"I think Papa's hair got stuck on Athy's hairpin," Arius answers in Athanasia's place. His lollipop was now gone into his stomach, leaving him empty-handed after he gave the stick to Felix.