Arc Three · The End of The Beginning

"Lee Jihye!" The Writer could only sigh as his sister continues smirking. He cards his fingers through his hair, groaning. "Just tell me where the files are..."

The female shrugs, acting oblivious with devious intentions. "I don't understand what Oppa is talking about," Lee Jihye mutters provokingly.

Lee Haneul stares at her with a deadpan. "Don't even try oPpA~ with me, Jihye!" He exclaims, annoyed when the said girl merely giggles.

Lee Jihye sticks her tongue out, only irking her brother even further. "But I don't wanna, Oppa~!" Her incitements resume. "Plus, even if I did, your sweet Yeodongsaeng would only do it to please her Oppa..."

Lee Haneul wasn't amused. He cracks his knuckles, trying to burn out his irritation. "Haa~..." He could only suffer in silence.

'God, can I get a refund? My sister is awful. Refund a hundred percent!'

The Artist knows her brother was probably praying to God, so she decided to go outside and leave him alone. Maybe she would visit the convenience store.

Stealing Lee Haneul's bag of chips isn't enough, after all.

And thus, Lee Jihye waltzed her way to the door, humming. Just as she was about to turn the door, it opened by itself. Lee Jihye stumbles back, alerting Lee Haneul of her action and the intruder.

"Where's my favorite niece and nephew at?!" The boisterous voice breaks the room's tense atmosphere. Green eyes fell upon Lee Jihye, a wide grin stretching on the woman's red lips.

"Aun-"

"Aw~! It's my darling Jihye!" Mae Hye-Jin proclaims with glee, dropping all her shopping bags on the ground to squeeze her niece to death. "Oh, how I've missed you! That mean Keullodeu has been refraining me from visiting you two!"

Lee Haneul watches with blank eyes at his aunt swinging his sister around. The girl's vision became distorted, feeling a bit dizzy and nauseous at the action.

He already lost faith in God and resorted to cursing him instead.

"Aunt." Lee Haneul grabs her attention. "Please put Jihye down. And it's Claude, not Keullodeu. I thought you already learned how to say Papa's name properly?"

Mae Hye-Jin reluctantly complies with her nephew's words, gently placing Lee Jihye back on her two weak legs. As his sister staggers to find support, Lee Haneul took out a can of Coca-Cola from the mini-fridge.

"Ah, forgive me~." Mae Hye-Jin grins at the sight of her favorite drink, gulping it down in seconds. "My English got a bit bad since it's been years since I've heard anyone talk in that language."

"Doesn't Siani converse with you in English?" The dizziness eventually left Lee Jihye's system. The now clear-minded girl grabs her phone, grumbling at her failed attempt. "Plus, Uncle visits, right? That British man talks an awful lot for you not to get used to it."

Mae Hye-Jin bursts into laughter at this, hands clenching around her stomach. "My, my! Don't drag your uncle into his talk. Anyways, what seems to be the problem? I just saw Jihye try to escape earlier."

Lee Haneul directs on glare to his sister. Lee Jihye responds by making a funny expression, acting innocent.

"It's because she stole something important," he informs Mae Hye-Jin, exasperated. Lee Haneul once again sighs, questioning if he aged thirty.

"But Oppa!"

'God, why is she still using that bothersome endearment?'

Your Yeodongsaeng merely sent Editor-nim what he needed~," Lee Jihye intervenes, her tone teasing. "And I didn't steal it! You were just incompetent," she adds slyly.

"Jihye..." Lee Haneul had an exhausted look as if he gave up on life. "Gah, don't drag Chanyeol into this! And don't even think of calling me incompetent when you can't feed yourself properly!"

Lee Jihye gasps. "How dare you!" She stands on her feet, ready to argue just like when they were children. Sparks were already exchanged between them.

A dragon and phoenix were ready to burn this place into ashes.

But before an actual brawl could occur, Mae Hye-Jin steps in with a grin. Since Mae Hye-Jin was used to seeing the twins throw hands, she had a fair share in raising them after all.

Meaning she knows how to pacify them.

Mae Hye-Jin pats her nephew's shoulder. "Loosen up! Nephew, you write for fun, right? So simply have fun!" She snatches another can of Coca-Cola.

The brunette then turns to her niece. "And Jihye, Darling, get yourself some food," she asserts, tossing her wallet to Lee Jihye.

The Artist could only gawk when she saw it filled with money. "Jackpot~!" Lee Jihye sings out, celebrating a victory.

As his sister dashes her way to the convenience store, Lee Haneul settles back on his chair. "By the way, Aunt, I inserted one of the characters you owned."

"Oh?" Mae Hye-Jin perks up in interest. "Who? Is it that boy with yellow hair? What was his name..."

"It's a girl. Her name is Quitterie, remember?" Lee Haneul can't help but facepalm at his aunt's forgetfulness. "Jihye even designed her well..."

Mae Hye-Jin doesn't react much to this information, gulping down her drink. "Well then, that Demon's very lucky to now have you as its writer!"

"She's an Angel now, Aunt. Plus, don't call her it," Lee Haneul corrects her, merely earning a lopsided grin from the woman.

"Oh well. Whatever floats your boat."