Ch. 21 - Witch with an Angel (1)

"The rumors are causing me a headache. Being forced to run into a village with the Prince is the least of my problems. The main problem is that he wants to find the witch, so he says."

It was a peaceful day in the Alpheus Manor

It was a peaceful day in the Alpheus Manor. Ijekiel was calmly drinking his tea while reading a book in his room. Jennette just left after having a brief talk and now he has free time.

"Ah..." Ijekiel allows himself to sink into the chair. The steam floats above the tea, bringing the drink to his lips.

Now fifteen years old, it was currently his summer break. The books from Arlanta were arranged properly by him earlier, his school supplies set on his desk.

"This is how heaven feels like," Ijekiel whispers, slowly closing his golden eyes. Alas, his sweet euphoria was cut short.

The giant glass doors were slammed open, the cold winds making his papers flutter in the air. Ijekiel stumbles, some hot tea falling on his unfortunate hand.

There, standing on the balcony, was Arius De Alger Obelia with a grin that made Ijekiel's blood slightly boil. "Hello, Kiel," the wrecker of Ijekiel's alone time greeted, now leaning on the railings.

A dark look came over Ijekiel's pale face. "Prince... Please refrain from suddenly barging in," he grumbles with a bitter look, settling the tea and book down.

Arius merely laughed, shrugging it off. "You shouldn't be surprised. I've invaded your house many times before. Even without your father's permission," he nonchalantly says, waving a hand.

Arius steps inside Ijekiel's room, the male occupied in cleaning the mess of cluttered papers. The white-haired boy had furrowed brows, having a strained smile when Arius sat in his seat.

Ijekiel began ordering the papers diligently. "Prince, if you were going to visit, please send a notice before. And for the love of God, don't look into my closet– again," he instructs sternly.

Arius, who was about to do the last thing Ijekiel warned him not to do, inched away from the mahogany closet. A cat-like expression was on his countenance. "Fine~," he obliges, slumping on the chair.

Arius took hold of the book Ijekiel was reading earlier, flipping through some pages. "You're probably one of the few people to act so casually with me... But, reading The Codex of Leicester? Didn't you read this already last time I visited?"

"If you want me to stop acting like me, just tell me so. And I just wanted to read it in further detail. Also, the last time you visited was when you last barged into my room," Ijekiel says, wincing a bit when he felt the burn on his hand.

No one voiced their opinion anymore. After a minute or so, Ijekiel had finished his task. With a sigh, he faces the drowsy Prince. "And may I ask why do I owe the pleasure of the future Sun's presence?" He asks a bit sarcastically.