Chapter 21

3rd POV

That night, Ejirou barely got any sleep. His mind was full and his body ached. He was confused and he didn't know how he was going to make it past this challenge. He tried to keep his memories fresh so that he could give the police all the details he could. But it was hard, all he wanted to do was forget.

When the sun arose, Kirishima did not. He didn't want to get out of bed. He wanted to keep sulking. But he had to get himself up when his mom had told him that the police were coming at 9 am sharp. He had to look somewhat presentable for that.

When the cops came, the questions came. 'Do you know where you were?' 'What did they do to you?' 'Are you feeling ok?'

But none of them were about his quirk and why would they? Everyone had a quirk and no one knew you could just... erase them. He knew that eventually, he would have to bring up the situation.

In the middle of the conversation, Kirishima asked "Can you just take away someone's quirk? You know, like how All for One did?"

The cops were a little hesitant, probably wondering why the question was asked. But they answered to the best of their knowledge.

"There's probably some way to do it. I'm sure that something could be engineered to do the job. That's a strange question, may I ask why you've asked it?" One of the officers asked.

"Well um... let's see. The first night that I was back in their hideout, I was tied to a chair and they injected something into my arm. It was really thick and I'm pretty sure it was a pinkish color. It hurt really bad and it immobilized me for a day or two.

"At the end of that time, I was pulled out and I was yelled at to use my quirk. But when I tried, I couldn't. They said that 'it' was successful and that my quirk was gone. They also said that I couldn't get it back because it was erased in my own body and not pulled out..."

When the boy finished, the officers had wide eyes. Regaining composure one of them spoke. "I can talk to someone at our research lab about that. And I'm going to notify the heroes about this. If they now have the ability to erase quirks at free will again, they really really need to be stopped."

The other one spoke, "Thank you for your time. I'm going to leave it up to UA to decide what to do with you so why don't you give them a call? That's all the time that we have today, but we'll get back to you with anything that we happen to come across.

"Thank you officers." Mrs. Kirishima said.

"I wish you two my best." One cop said as the two exited the home.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His mom asked referring to the quirk loss.

"Because I was tired and still in shock that it was gone."

"I'm so sorry." She replied. "I'll drive you up to the school later today. Everyone was cleared to go back when the fires were put out. We'll find your teachers and talk to them ok?" She stated. Her son nodded in response before going back up to his room to sulk some more.

------------------------------

"I wonder how Kiri's doing." Denki sighed.

"Aizawa got a call. He's coming back later with his mom to see what they can do about the whole ordeal." Katsuki replied.