Chapter 9-Hailey

It had been a long weekend and it almost seemed like a dream that I was called to the office Friday. I was now down at the gym were we were told to come. Two girls were next to me that had been in the office with me. I couldnt see their faces because they had hoods up and even if they didn't have them up they had the goofy mask that were given to us. Even though I can't see them I can tell who they are by the color of their hoodies.

The one that was closest to me was wearing green, it is jasmine and I am thankful she is here with me. I was shocked to find that she also had latent powers hidden. She comforted me with her presence. She was my best friend and we did everything together. Evidently we shared this crazy experience as well. Because of her Philippine heritage, she had light brown skin and dark hair that she let grow down her back. You couldn't see it because of her attire however. The other girl was wearing red. Her name was Juliana and she had jet black hair with striking green eyes. I cant really imagine her having any powers but on the other hand I didn't suspect jasmine of having any either.

We were standing there a while when some people started to come in. They were all dressed in the same clothes except that it was all different colors. First three boys walked in, you could tell by the way they messed around with each other, but the third just walked behind them looking almost sad in the way he walked. The two boys that were messing around were wearing brown and aqua blue hoodies. The other one was in a blinding white one.

Next, came in a another group of guys. But what was weird was one of the hoodies, the girl in the back was wearing a camo hoodie. the two others were wearing orange and the other was a shiny type of gray.

When they walked in I noticed the group seperations. Every group of three was standing by themselves waiting for someone to come out and tell them what to do.

About ten seconds later the doctor put his head out of the office and looked around. He then walked out and stood there with his hands behind his back standing patiently. "We will get started as soon as the last group comes in if that is alright with you." One of the other girls raised her hand and was about to speak when the doc spoke up before she could."No don't say anything I don't want the others to know who you are. If they did it would ruin what we are about to do."

After that the last group came in. It was another group of boys. They wore Yellow, Navy Blue, and Black. By the smile in the docs face I could tell this was his favorite group. I couldn't help fell jealous because I loved the doc for helping me see that I could control my voice. I wanted to be his favorite not them.

"Alright since we are all here we can get started. First I just want to say welcome to the power house." Almost like they had practiced it when he finished some things feel over the doors keeping people from getting in or seeing what we are doing.

Also the thing that surprised me most was that the floor started to part. So people had to jump off and get to a place that wasn't moving. When it was finished something started to come up from the hole. First thing I saw was green then the green was connected to fake trees. It was a whole fake jungle of trees and vines.

The doc smiled at what he thought was astonished faces since he couldn't see them. "Now for the first experiment, you can think of it as almost like a game. You know the people you got sent to the office with, that will be your team. The object of the game is to knock out your opponents. Don't worry about hurting them we have our own medical officer." Just then Madison walked out of the office behind him."You see Madison has a special gift just like all of you, she has the ability to heal."

Then I relized why we had to wear the hoods. If we knew who it was we wouldn't want to hurt the person we would freeze up. But with the hoods we didn't have that problem. "You have exactly one minute when the timer starts to get in the place you want, Oh and when you begin remember that your opponent might not have a problem with hurting you so I wouldn't hesitate if I was you. This arena was made to bring out the best or worst of your powers, which ever way you want to look at it it is another reason not to stop yourself. On your marks, get set, GO!"

At that we all turned and ran into the fake jungle with our partners. This Power House was going to be harder than I thought it was. But it might be a good way to take my anger out on someone.