chapter 6-Caleb

When I got up in the morning I did all of my regular routine. When I got done with everything I went back to my room and tried my TV. Thankfully it turned on without any trouble. I started to watch Netflix but soon lost track as I fell into thought. Yesterday had been crazy. I hadn't thought about it in the morning. I had run without so much as a sweat droplet. That was extremely abnormal. I am not the fastest on the team and definitely not the most in shape.

I looked at my TV. What about all of the outages? Probably just something with the electric company...right?

I raised up my hand and put it in front if my face and looked at it closely, nothing looked different to me. I decided to try something to see if I was insane or not. I snapped my fingers once and nothing happened. I sighed. It would have been too good to be true anyway.

Seeing that it was time to leave I got up and prepared myself for another disappointing day at school.

..................................................

When I got to school and walked to the library and through the door I saw that John wasn't the only one there this time. Two more people were there. One of them was Shawn, I could tell by his dark hair and his distinct laugh. The other one was an almost complete opposite of Shawn. It was Hailey. She was about my height with blonde hair like Johns and bright blue eyes.

When I sat down I noticed something strange. Hailey wasn't talking like she usually does. She almost always had something to say. Also Jasmine wasn't around. The two were like sisters they were so close.

I turned to her and asked "what's wrong cat got your tongue? "she looked like she was about to answer and had her mouth forming a word but stilled and almost looked frightened that she almost spoke.

She stayed like that for a couple of seconds then her face lit up. She started digging in her bag and when she finaly stop she came out with a pen and pad. She started to scribble on the pad.

When she was finished she looked up and showed the paper to all of us. The writing was neat and the note said I have a bet. They say I can't stay quiet though second period. I aim to prove them wrong.

I looked up when I was finished reading and decided that it was a distinct probability. It was the only way I could see her being quite, and it explained her horrified look when she almost spoke.

What else could it be anyway?

I turned to Shawn and John figuring I could jump in on what they were talking about. However, their conversation had just died out and I had not heard any of it. They seemed like they were not going to bring up anything else. I was about to pick a random subject when I noticed that both of them had deep crescents under their eyes. They must have been missing a lot of sleep recently. I said as much to the both of them.

There was a long moment of silence. Then the bell rang and broke the stiffness in the air. We all got up and went to the door. Only giving hollow goodbyes, except for Hailey, we went to our separate classes.