Chapter 17-John

Shawn had just come out of his run in the fun room and doc was over by the others choosing another person to go in. He had simply overlooked me and Caleb for some reason. Maybe he wanted to save the best for last. My pride swelled at the thought.

Shawn walked up to the both of us. "Well that was fun."he said a little out of breath.

"Yea it looked fun too, I just can't wait for mine." I said sarcastically. "What about you Caleb." I looked over at Caleb for the first time. He was giving the back of docs head the evil eye. He stayed looking at it even when the doc moved. I stuck my hand in front of his face and waved it and he didn't even blink.

The doc said that we all will eventually learn weird things about our abilities, like my teleportation. Was this one of the weird things?

Suddenly Caleb's head wiped back and he turned to me."What are we talking about?"

"What where you doing?"

"Nothing, I will tell you later."

We turned our attention back to the group. It looked like everyone was tired of the suspense of who was going next and Hailey ended up just volunteering.

But she didn't get the chance to show off her powers because Cartridge came flying around the corner from the control room. "SECURITY MEASURES NOW!!" We didn't even have long to be worried because a huge bang came from were the elevators were located.

Caleb zoomed away and came back." I couldn't see anything, there was dust up in the air. It has to be something big to make that much dust fly up in the air." If he had anything else to say he didn't get it out because a green beam came out from around the corner and knocked Caleb across the room. He was out and Shawn and me were left gawking at Caleb who had crashed into the wall.