Chapter 24-Cody

We walked out of the room with the monitors and closed the door. We where walking down the hallway in silence when a huge pounding sound came from where everyone else was. It must have been Austen trying to go through the wreckage. We came to where we could see them but to our surprise the hallway was still blocked. I walked over to Austen. He was still in his rock form. "What happened, why didn't you get through the wall?" The mass just gave me a shrug of his shoulders. Then an idea came to me. "Hold on lets try this."

I held up my hands at the blockage and let the cold run down my arms. Then ice beams started to shoot out of my hands and cover the wall. "Why did you go and do that, how are we supposed to get out now?" Andrew said fuming.

I turned to him. "Things tend to break easier when they are at freezing temperatures." I then turn to Austen. "Go on, give a shot."

He turned back to the wreckage and reered back and let his fist fly. It crashed though the wall and made Austen stumble. He hadn't expected it to give so easily. He took his fist out of the wall and started pounding the rest. In a minute the whole thing was down.

John was about to step through when a hand came out of nowhere and held him back. He turned around to face doctor Smith. " If you walk out of this building it will have major repercussions." He had a look on his face that I hadn't seen before. The nice doctor didn't seem so nice anymore. He then close to johns face."Do you understand...John. Also you won't have my help to understand you powers."

"Who said we wanted your help?"John said cooly. He turned around to where his back was to the doctor but front was to the others. "I think I speak for everyone when I say this. Your help doesn't amount to much, you didn't even try to help when our friends... now family, was taken. The people that you let them take was our family sense you pretty much told us that we couldn't be honest to or be with our original family." I could have sworn I saw his eyes start to water. "So I believe that we will be leaving. Also if our trouble starts when we leave why not start now." Before the doctor had time to even get a word out John spun around a punched the doc right in the nose. I was in shock when John started to speak "Alright our business is done here." He turned around and stood at the edge of the debris from the fallout. He held his hands out to his side. But this time he wasn't trying to attack he was asking for the hands of the others. We started to line up beside him and taking his hand. When we where all connected he looked down the line at me. "Let's go find our family." He said. I gave him a reassuring nod back and we started down the hallway to the elevators.