Chapter 25-Caleb

"Ugh," I groaned as I lifted myself up and off the table I was on. I started to instinctively rub the spot in my neck where I had been injected with some kind of sedative. I looked up and to my surprise my friends and the other people where sitting together and talking like nothing had happened. But if they can be calm around them why can't I?

I started to walk over to them. "What happened for you guys to be all cozy now?" I asked. Their conversation stopped and Hailey got up.

"I will explain it to him." she said. She pulled me over in the other direction so they could continue their conversation.

"Ok, start explaining." I said crossing my arms.

"Just bare with me ok." I just nodded my head as a response."They where actually saving us from the people that the doctor works for."

"What! No, there is no way. They nocked me out and slapped Shawn across the room." I said exasperated.

"Oh come on Caleb, you can't possibly believe that the doc was doing much good." She gave me a stern look and waved her arms in the air for effect.

"You have me there but we can't trust these people either."

"You are right, but we need their help to get away and hide from the people that might want to find us. The people the doc work for. They said that they capture superhumans that don't do what they want and do things we would have nightmares about. Also they said they might even hunt others for them as the worst punishment." At the end she had a scared look k on her face.

I put my hands on her shoulders." ok ok, We will listen and learn then we will leave as soon as possible. Don't worry they won't be able to find us. Even if they did who can stand against your supersonic persuasion." This brought a tiny grin to her face. We turned and started to go back to the group.

"When do we leave." I asked the grown ups.

"And where are we leaving to?" Shawn added on.

The Asian man spoke up first. "We will be leaving to go to California. First we need to change what you guys look like. Change you identity."

"But what about the others? The ones you left." Hailey asked.

"Change our identities what do you mean?" I asked.

"We have info that they are heading there also so don't worry about your friends." the man said turning to Hailey. Then turning to me. "You will see what I mean."