Chapter 38-John

We were running down the street a block from where we had left the clones, when another huge boom rocked the ground underneath. I looked over at Cody to make sure he hadn't fallen then we ran faster to the twins.

We turned the corner where we had heard the booms. There we saw Austen in his rock form, trying and failing, fighting a gigantic dragon. It was night black with red ascents on its feet and along its back and wings.

I immediately shot shadow orbs at him, but it didn't even faze him. Cody ran up to it and shot ice at its feet to try and lock it in place. It simply lifted its feet and broke free, then it's tail lashed out and sent him flying.

While it was focused on Cody Austen jumped up and upper cutted the beast. Before it could hit the ground it disappeared, and in its place was a t-Rex. This time I went for the feet as well. I focused on his feet and shadows converged. Seconds later the beast began to sink. When he sank enough Andrew jumped up and wrapped himself around his mouth, not allowing him to open it. Austen saw as his time to come in and started to give the beast fist after fist.

Then the beast disappeared and turned into a elephant. The shadows closed on itself and dispersed, I had held it as long as I could. It sucked up Andrew through its trunk and shot it at Austen. When he was blinded the beast charged. It knocked into him and forced him backwards. This was a mistake for the beast.

Austen used the momentum of the beast to lift it over is head and slam the beast behind him. The elephant gave a loud trumpet as it fell to the ground. The beast slowly tried to get back up, but Austen landed a solid punch to the back of its head and knocked it out. The body of the beast after a second started to pull together in a grotesque way, and when it was finished a boy was left. The boy that had arrived with the two girls.

"Well that looked fun." Caleb said as he appeared out of nowhere. "Good thing I brought this chick or the fun would have been over." He dropped the goth girl in front of everyone unceremoniously.

"What, you didn't want to help?" I asked mockingly.

"By the time I got here most of the fun was already over." He said.

The girl he dropped gave a loud moan of pain and rolled over a bit.

"You left her awake!" Cody asked yelling.

"Dude do you want answers or not?" Caleb respond as he rolled the girl over on her back with his foot.

"Why do you think she will talk?" Austen asked in his human form.

"Well it depends." He said

"On what" Andrew asked cluelessly.

"On how much persuasion we ask with." I answered darkly.Cody gave a little smirk, Caleb shrugged his shoulders as if it didn't bug him, Austen looked a little a shocked, and Andrew, still not understanding, gave everyone a confused look.