Chapter 18- Dr. Smith

I was trying to pick the next person for the fun room and was enjoying the terrorized faces of the kids. I was about to pick Josie when I felt a tiny pin prick in my brain. Someone was messing with some stuff in my head, who ever it was they weren't exactly reading my thoughts, It would have been a different feeling. I wonder what they were doing or what they were looking for.

I turned and looked at the only group that wasn't over here looking at me with dread. Shawn had just gotten out of the simulation so he would be to tired, John has no connection to the mind with his powers, and last Caleb, he had sensed me in his head the last time I took a peak maybe he turned the tables and went on the offensive.

I prepared to go into his mind to find out when Hailey raised her hand and said "I will just go next."

"Alright go into the little room over there to the right and put one of the suits on before you go in."

"Why Shawn didn't need one."

"Don't question me and..." I didn't get to finish because a huge bang came from the hallway. I actually saw the dust come from that direction. Something must have busted through the wall because Cartridge keeps this place neat as a button.

I saw the dust stir up and looked over at the three boys and to my surprise there was now only two. Then I blinked and all three were back. Caleb was the one that stirred the dust. He must have ran over to try and check it out.

I was about to call over and ask what he saw when a beam of green shot out of the hallway. I watched as it hit him and slammed him to the wall. I immediately turned to Madison and yelled"Get over there and see what you can do."

While she ran over a lady with jet black her and jade colored eyes stepped out of the dust that was starting to settle. She was wearing a green dress and had a fancy red coat and to match it she had a fake red feather in her hair.

Veronica! She had disappeared off the map for a while, I had thought she was taken care of but she had simply been hiding under a rock like the snake she is. "Don't worry about the boy darling he will be out for some time." She said to Madison in a thick Russian accent. "Doctor Theodore Smith, I haven't seen you for some time, I hope you had fun with the kids because I am here to take them off your hands." Her ruby red lips twisted into a smirk.

This woman in front of me was poisonous, literally she has the ability to make her nails poison filled and she has the amazing gift to transfer poison through beams which still perplex me to this day. her beams have gotten stronger, I would have been surprised if it had moved Caleb a year ago but it had made him fly back. I turned to the kids "Andrew, Austen, Cody, Shawn, John, Hailey, and Brandy stay. The rest of you go find Mr. Cartridge and get to the safe room."

"Why so many of us will stay?" John asked.

"Most likely she isn't alone."

"He is right I did bring some friends along." She had been standing there just listening to us get everything organized. When the kids ran off, a woman and two men stepped out of the almost non existent dust cloud. The woman was African American and she had a big bushy Afro as her hair cut. She had a shiny silver jacket and the rest of her clothes were black. Black jeans and black regular tank top under the jacket.

The man that was on the right of Veronica was an Asian looking man that had dark hair and a goatee that was the size of a quarter. He had a striking gray suit on and a black tie that went with it. he didn't look like he would be in a battle and it seemed like there would be one.

The final man was on the left of Veronica and was about a foot taller than her. She wasn't even short by regular standards. The man had flaming red hair and he was ripped with muscles that looked like they were going to pop. He had a single green shirt on that was skin tight because of his size, and he had huge blue jeans on to go with the shirt. What interested me most was that he had a clover tattoo on his right arm were the short sleeves ended.

It was a good thing that I made Austen stay, even in his big form he might have a problem with the massive guy. I was going to have to watch and see how well the children do and might even have to coach them like a sports match.

Veronica turned to the Asian man and he turned and walked back into the dust. A few seconds later when the dust finally was all down I didn't see him.He had vanished.

"Shawn, Austen, take care of the big guy. Brandy stay back here and put up shields when the lady in green shots beams ok. John, Andrew take care of the lady in black. Last Cody and Hailey see what you can do to the lady in the middle." When they all knew what they had to do they nodded and looked at the attackers. This is odd, she just let me make a plan and she just sat there and waited, something is wrong.

No one was moving. No one wanted to start what was going to come. Then the giant rushed forward with a war cry and slammed into the already morphed Austen. Then everybody jumped up and ran after who they were told to get. While I just stood there watching the action and kind of wishing I had popcorn to eat while watching.