Chapter 16- DOCTOR SMITH

Once we got out of the elevator we went straight for the control room. But before I could open the door my imbecile of a partner decided to jump out of the office and run down the hall. I heard the other elevator open and I heard him yell."You broke my system!"

I walked down the hallway toward the yelling with the kids following me. I saw him standing in front of Caleb and the other kids pointing at Caleb like it was all his fault. "What happened Cartridge, why you in one of my students faces, and by the way I wouldn't stand that close to him he is quite the shocker for his size." The rat like man stepped back from Caleb and fixed his hair. He had a comb over and he was very fond of the hair he had left.

He then turned to me, "Well your STUDENT broke my very complex security system."

"Then it wasn't that complex if he broke it then." He hates when people say his stuff isn't good enough. He looked at me with blood red eyes from looking at the moniters to long.

I then stepped over to Caleb and looked down at him."What happened."

"I kind of forgot the password and had to try every possible code I could with the numbers that I remembered."

I was astonished, I tried to keep it off my face, he had tried tons of combinations in matter of seconds. No wonder rat mans toy failed.

"Enough of this, we need to get started on the test. Who would like to volunteer first. It is just simply showing off your powers to my fellow worker here." I gestured to Cartridge. When no one volunteered I pointed my finger at Shawn and told him he would go first.

I turned on my heel and assumed everyone was following me. I came to a door and punched in a code. The door slide open and reviled a large room behind glass."Welcome to the observation room. Out there is the fun room as we call it. We will send stuff at you to demonstrate your powers to my friend here. Shawn your up first, get in there."

He walked out into the fun room very sheepishly and turned around and faced the glass. Cartridge pressed the button to started it and set the level to level one. I turned and slapped his hand,"Trust me, you want to see this one." He ended up putting it on three, which isn't very fun by my standards. It started out slow, it started with walls racing in to get him and speed up to things being thrown at him.

It was then that I noticed that John and Caleb were watching shawms performance, except they both were doing different things. John looked almost bored and kept his eyes on Shawn, but Caleb's eyes were dashing around looking at were Shawn will stop stuff with his mind before he actually did.

I have a truck up my sleeve but do I want to risk it this early in the game. No one ever has senced it before so why should someone now.

I digged up all the concentration I had and forced it at Caleb. I see it he is seeing flashes of light before it stops the objects, he can read and see electric waves.

I pulled out of his head, but something was wrong. He had some how sensed me, that was the last thing I read. His head wiped towards me his eyes piercing me like daggers. He knows something is up, but he doesn't know I just read his mind.