Chapter 8-Caleb

Most of the morning went by fast except for third period. It was library aid and the monotone activities drew long. Thankfully lunch came fast.

Lunch is usually the highlight of my day because I get to sit and talk to all my friends. We had so many people that we hang around that it becomes a free for all to get a seat. Normally I didn't have to scramble for a chair so I didn't really make a big fuss about it. The main people that sat at the table were the six original friends. They were the people that were friends before everyone started fighting to get a chair. The originals consisted of John, Shawn, Andrew, Austen, Will, and me. Andrew and Austen were two twin brothers. They had Korean heritige so they had the dark skin but talked normally. Will didn't always sit at our table but when he did he was welcome to a seat. Will had light green eyes with brown hair. He had a stocky build and was about my height. Andrew and Austen had jet black hair and dark brown eyes. They were tall and in shape because of their football activities.

Today I pretty much ignored the other two people sitting in the last two chairs. I focused on Shawn and John trying to figure out what their powers might be.

Andrew and Austen were arguing with each other as usual so we pretty much ignored them, but then I noticed Will was looking at me funny.

"You haven't said much these past few days Caleb it isn't like you go to go to a different place."

At that point Andrew decided to put his opinion in too."Yea you haven't been laughing or saying anything about my jokes. You just sit over there and do nothing."

Austen seeing my puzzeled face came too my rescue, or he was just trying to contradict his brother."You don't know what he has been through, he could of had a relative die."

"Well you don't know what he has been through either so just shut it."

They started fighting again and I started to drift out then I looked over at John and Shawn. They were sitting by each other. They both looked at me with knowing glances and were probably thinking the same thoughts I were.

I finished eating my lunch and to throw anybody off my trail I threw in some jokes that brought some laughs and made comments on some other jokes. I looked over at my two friends that were sitting quietly. They were not giving anything to the conversation, this was obviously bothering them more than me. I had enough energy to put on a good face.

The bell rang for lunch to end and I walked off with Cody talking about what he was doing this weekend and left John and Shawn to their quiet thoughts of the future.