Chapter 10 -Hailey

We ran to the left of the Jungle. There was still fourty five seconds left on the clock. The jungle wasn't huge but it was still big enough to hide eight other people. The gym was actually two basketball courts put together with a strip seperating the two.

"I will jump in a tree and see if I can see anybody."Juliana said, but I didn't hear her like normal I heard her through something else. There must be coms in the mask that we got so that we can hear each other but no one else can.

She did a graceful back flip, landed on a branch and kept going at an amazing pace untill she was at the top. She looked for a little bit then she jumped off the branch. she grabbed a branch with two hands and when she was at the top of the swing she let go doing two back flips and landing on two feet.

"When did you start doing gymnastics " brandy asked.

"Recently, but more importantly we have one group that is close to the middle of the field, and that was all I saw."She replied with a almost hurried speed.

"What's the game plan " I asked

"I say we just stay in one spot and wait and maybe we can ambush someone " Juliana answered. But soon after we heard a big boom from close to the center of the field.

"Or we can wait till they quit fighting and pick off the ones that are still up while they are tired." I said with a hesitating tone.

They both nodded under their hoods and we started towards the center. As we got closer we heard more of the struggle. We got to the edge of a clearing with a tiny pool in the center. There were four people in a struggle against each other. I immediately saw what the big sound was coming from. There was a huge rock huminoid thing trying to smack two of the girl hoods out. The rock thing started put his hands over his head and brought them down with crushing force and there was one girl under it. But what I thought was going to crush her actually stopped and the creature had to pick his hands off and waved them in the air like he just got a cut.

Then I turned my attention to the other ones. They both were doing amazing things. The boy was sliding on ice that was coming out of his hand and shooting ice beams out of the other one toward the girl. The girl quickly dodged the beam and stuck her hands out by her side then thrust them out toward the boy. Just then a beam of pure light went hurling toward the boy. I wouldn't want to be the boy because I could feel the heat off of it from here.

The battle wasn't looking good for the boy because every time he but out ice she would quickly make it turn into a puddle. I heard a big slam from over on the other side where the other two were fightning. I now saw how the girl was not crushed. There were pointy spikes were her hands should be. But that wasn't all it looked like they were made of diamond. It wasn't looking good for the boys.

Then I noticed a ripple in the water. Then suddenly a geyzer erupted from the pool. It looked huminoid as well as the rock creature. It slapped the diamond girl across the clearing with one single swipe of its hand. But the heat girl put up more of a fight. The water creature kept evaporating every time the girl got touched by it. But it was soon over when the water creature went back to the pool and a person walked out. He stuck his hands behind him then lunged them forward like he was throwing something, then the water in the pool reacted and it flew towards the girl crushing her with the force of a ton of water. 

That was only two girls though and there was three in a group. Then I saw a dust cloud pop up and then a foot print. The boy in white that shoots ice turned around and saw it. He gave the girl a quick blast with ice, freezing her over like a ice cube. Invisibility is a cool power but in a fight like that you only have one choice but to run.

I then saw the huminoid rock start to get smaller unroll he was just average sized kid with no rock on him. They started to move out of the clearing ,when they were out of the way I saw the last and final group on the other side of the clearing doing the samething we were doing. We cant take on two groups at the same time, and I don't even know these two's powers.

The disicion was made for me when a streak of yellow shoved me too the side with what seemed like a force from a train and zoomed away. Then Juliana went flying into the jungle without anything touching her. Next brandy went flying too, and I ran after them.

'What happened?"

"No clue one minute I see you go flying then I get thrown back without anything hitting me " Juliana explained not believing her own story.

Then I heard something coming toward us "Plug your ears I yelled and stay behind me." Both of them got up behind me and plugged there ears. I saw a flash of yellow. That was all I needed, I opened my mouth and yelled. But my yell is like no other. You could see the sound rippiling in the air toward the flash of color. It hit him head on and he went flying backward.

I heard him come to a stop a couple of feet from were I hit him. But insdead of him running back I heard his partners come up next to him. Next thing I knew a black beam came at me from out of the jungle. It hit me in the chest sending me flying.

While I was in the air everything went in slow motion. The boy in yellow come out of now where and put his hands together over his head and brought them down on my stomach. Then everything was back to normal, I slamed to the ground grasping for breath. The hooded yellow figure was gone. I can't use my power if I can not get breath.

Then they walked out of the jungle toward us all in a line. Juliana jumped up and ran at them, she tried to do a round house kick at them but the guy in navy blue simply put up his hand stopping her in mid air. He flicked his hand out and she went flying against a tree knocking her out.

Then two of them went towards brandy while the guy in yellow came towards me. I watched as they started to try and hit brandy through what looked like a purple bubble surrounding her. I looked back at the guy in yellow. He had one hand out from his side. A yellow spark started to show in that one hand, He gave me one big jolt to the head so I would be knocked out. The last thing I saw before it went black was blue piercing eyes from under the yellow hood.