Ch. 34 - Family Time

< Chapter 34: Family Time >

♥ Justin's POV: ♥

"No way!" my mother screamed as we approached the kitchen of my grandparent's home. I haven't seen my mommy in a while and it was the same situation with my grandma and grandpa, so today's visit should be fun. "You both had gotten so big!"

As I approached her, she ran into me with a hug and I stumbled backwards, catching my balance.

"Hey mom," I smile, embracing her tightly.

"I missed you so much, sweetie," she gave me a sloppy kiss on the cheek, making me groan.

"Missed you too," I smirked as her eyes traveled over until they noticed Jamie.

"JAMIE!" she gasped, "It feels like I haven't seen you in forever, honey!" Jamie giggled as my mother went to give her a hug.

"I know, right?" Jamie smiled, hugging back my mom.

One of the reasons we decided to surprise visit was because we all haven't seen each other in a while. But being here is making me really nervous, because Jamie and I agreed that this is it. We're telling my side of the family about this pregnancy, and we don't know how they're going to handle it.

"We kind of invited some people over, is that okay?" I asked Mom, who was smiling so wide that I was scared her face was going to break.

"People like who?" she questioned, looking very confused.

"Dad, Erin and the kids," I smiled sheepishly. Her smile dropped to a small smirk.

"Why do you two come by surprise while bringing other surprise guests? If I would've known, I would've went through the trouble to clean up the house a little more. And-.. and make more dinner so everyone gets fed.. And d-"

"-It's fine, Pattie," my beautiful girlfriend interrupted, "Save yourself the trouble. We don't mind!"

"It's true," I added. "We just have an announcement to make."

Mom's face grew with confusion and curiosity as her eyes traveled to Jamie's hand. When she spotted the promise ring, her eyes widened.

"You two are getting married?!?" she asked loudly.

"Shh!!" I hushed her, catching a glimpse of Jamie blushing. "No. Not yet, anyway." I caught Jamie's blush grow redder at those words. I couldn't blame her though, since the way I said that showed there's still hope we'll get married one day.

"Then... why is she weari-?"

"-It's a promise ring," Jamie cut in.