Ch. 98 - Wow, Didn't See That Coming

< Chapter 98: Wow, Didn’t See That Coming >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥

I always knew that the saying time flies when you’re having fun was created for a reason—because it’s true. The baby shower turned out to be fun and amazing, despite the little situation we had with Selena. Thank god for Megans in the world. But the rest was fun, so I guess it’s okay, for now.  We chatted with people and played lots of fun games and time really did fly away without any of us noticing.

As the party began to end, Jamie told me she was really tired and I was very understanding, knowing she was almost close to her due date so she might be tired a bit more frequently. So when people started leaving, Jamie said her goodbyes to everyone while they wished the two of us luck with Lil J, and just like that she kissed me right on the mouth and went to bed.

“You sure you don’t want any help with that?” I heard a voice ask from behind me as I dragged a trash bag across, cleaning up each table by throwing left overs into the bag. I turned around to see Ryan standing by the doorframe that led from the house to the backyard, Allison close behind him.

I lowered my gaze and stared at the grass, shaking my head slowly. “Nah, I’m good. Thanks anyway, but you should probably go get some rest,” I shrugged it off.

“You get some rest too, alright? You could always finish cleaning up tomorrow and by then, you could give me a call and I’ll help,” he offered.

“Thanks, I’ll think about it,” I smiled at him, and he gave me a thumbs up before taking Allison’s hand in his and leading her towards the living room and out of the house. I resumed my job at picking up trash and managed to clean out all of the tables. After deciding to clear up the backyard from all the tables, chairs, equipments and extra decoration later tomorrow, I began to walk back inside the house when I noticed someone else standing at the doorframe.

“Just wanted to say goodbye again,” Megan giggled, crossing her arms teasingly.

“You better come back, do you hear me, missy?” I laughed, pointing an accusing finger at her.

“I will sometime,” she nodded, “I was planning to move back into town. I miss this place.”

“Yeah, this town has always given me the feeling where I know I’m home and that this is where I belong,” I agreed. “I go off to perform for my fans around the world but nothing feels better than to come back here, the place I grew up in.”

“Oh I definitely know the feeling,” she sighed, running a hand through her hair. It was silent for a moment as we took in the cool, night breeze.

“Hey,” I whispered, causing her to look up at me. “I’ve said it a billion times, but thank you.”

“For the Selena thing?”

“Yeah..” I bit my lip. “I honestly don’t even know why I dated her in the first place. I thought I knew her well but she’s such a bitch.”