Ch. 104 - Three Words

< Chapter 104: Three Words >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥

My eyes shot open as a piercing, yet familiar sound entered my ears. I let out a soft groan, rolling onto my back so I was facing the ceiling on my bed. I felt Jamie shift beside me and I rubbed my eyes, recognizing the sound to be Jason’s crying from the baby monitor.

“Ugh,” Jamie sighed, throwing the covers from her body to attend our child. I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind, pulling her back to bed with me.

“Nuh-uh,” I whispered, kissing the back of her neck. “You stay right here, baby, I’ll go feed him.”

“You sure?” she asked, turning around to look at me. “I’m already awake.”

“So am I.”

She narrowed her eyes at me, shooting me a small smile before pecking my lips. “The milk’s in the refrigerator.”

“I know,” I kissed her cheek before sliding out of bed.

“Thanks. I promise I’ll be the one to feed him next time when he wakes us up,” she looked at me gratefully as I threw a shirt on.

“I don’t mind,” I hummed, turning around and exiting the room, walking down the hall and into Jason’s room, his cries louder in my ears now that I was in the same room as him.

I leaned over the crib and looked at him. He was wearing his my swag came from my mommy and daddy onesie and I smirked and reached my arms out, my hands going on either side of his small body as he continued to scream for food. I picked him up and adjusted him into my arms, kissing him repeatedly.

“Shh,” I cooed into his ear. “Daddy’s here.”

His cries softened as he now whimpered lowly for food. I began walking downstairs, continuing to whisper sweet things to calm him as I got to the fridge, opening it and snatching the baby bottle from inside.

Jamie and I decided to stay over at my house for a while, knowing that Jason was going to wake us all up in the middle of the night and we didn’t want to put Jade and Danny though that every day. Sure, they insisted on helping us out, but I told them we would have to learn to handle it ourselves and that they don’t have to lose sleep because of our baby. So, since my mom was staying with my grandparents for a few weeks, no one was really home here often and we decided to stay here for a while.

In case you’re wondering, we also set up a room here for Jason as well. We even hung up that picture of his ultrasound that I surprised Jamie with when I came back from the South American tour I was gone to for 3 weeks.

“Here we go,” I whispered to Jason, opening the cap and holding the bottle to his lips, which he gladly took hold of with his mouth. I kissed his forehead and watched him drink the milk silently. I began swaying slightly from left to right, admiring my son in my arms and not even bothering to contain the smile on my face.