Ch. 36 - Midnight Adventure

< Chapter 36: Midnight Adventure >

♥ Justin's POV: ♥

"Babe?"

I felt my body being shaken by two soft hands. I groaned and shifted in the bed, slowly opening my eyes. I was surprised to see that the room was still dark, and the light of the moon gave off an uncomfortably eerie feeling. I rubbed my eyes and then looked at my surroundings until my eyes settled on Jamie.

"What is it, babe?" I yawned, trying hard to stay awake.

"Can you do me a favor?" she asked quietly. I looked around the room again and read the time from the nightstand clock.

"At 4am in the morning?!" I questioned in shock. My eyes widened and I sat up.

"Yeah.." she whispered, "I think I'm having my first midnight craving."

My look softened and I smiled lightly at her. "Aww," I cooed, pulling her onto my lap. "I find that kind of cute."

"Really?" she seemed surprised, as if I was crazy to think a midnight craving could actually be considered cute.

"Uh huh," I smirked, nuzzling my nose on hers. I leaned my head forward just a little bit, but enough to place a small kiss on her soft, beautiful lips. "Now tell me," I whispered, "What is it that you're craving?"

"I think it's pizza," she smiled sheepishly.

"Good," I kissed her nose, "I could go for one of those."

She giggled and pecked my lips twice before forming up a frown. "But wait.. Are you sure you wanna go out at this hour just to get me pizza?"

"Well, it'll be faster than ordering some. Plus, look at your right hand," I instructed. She gave me a confused look but did as I said anyway. "What do you see?"

"The promise ring," she said, a smile tugging on her lips. The sparkling light from the moon illuminated the ring perfectly, causing it to shine beautifully on Jamie's hand.

"And what did I promise?" I said in a low, husky voice, whispering the words into her ear. I felt her body tense at the way my hot breath tickled her skin.

"That you'll be there for me and the baby, and that you love me," she answered softly.

I reached out until I found her hand and entwined our fingers together, then crashed my lips into hers. "I'm keeping that promise," I mumbled into her mouth, trailing down to kiss her neck. I bit the skin with my teeth and left a few love bites before pulling away. "See you in a bit," I winked, standing from the bed.

She was looking at me speechlessly as I looked for my shoes and wallet. I grabbed the house keys and walked over towards the door, grabbing the doorknob.