Ch. 101 - Squeezing Hands

< Chapter 101: Squeezing Hands >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥

“Hello?”

I tightened my hold on my phone as I heard the all-too-familiar voice speak.

“Mom?” I said, pacing the hallway.

“Justin? What’s wrong, sweetie?” her voice sounded concerned.

“Nothing, Mom. Umm,” I paused, sucking in a breath of air. “Mom?”

“I’m listening, honey.”

“I’m at the hospital here with Jamie,” I said, my heart beating loudly in my chest.

“Oh my god, what happened?!” she panicked.

“Nothing, nothing, she’s okay, she’s umm… She’s in labor,” I said, as calmly as I could.

Labor?! My grandson’s coming any time now? Oh dear Jesus, I’ll be there in a few minutes, alright?” she told me, sounding more excited now.

“Okay mommy,” I spoke like a child while I still could, knowing that in a couple of hours or so, I’d be a father.

I’m going to be a father. Holy shit, I’m going to be a father.

“Justin!” I turned around at the sound of my name being called out. I spotted Ryan jogging over to me, trying to catch his breath. “Is she at the delivery room?”

“Yeah, but she’s still in labor. I’m going inside in a sec,” I nodded, staring wide eyed at him. Ryan paused, raising an eyebrow as he examined me from head to toe.

“Are you okay? You look so… Umm.. what’s the word?” he pondered, tapping his chin with his index finger. “Dude, you look like you’re dying of nervousness. I think I even see you sweating.”

I cleared my throat, resuming my past actions in pacing back and forth. “I’ve been here a while, I don’t know,” I ran a hand across my forehead, picking up the sweat that covered the skin.

“You want water? You look like you could use some,” he commented, concern flashing in his eyes.

“God, Ryan, no,” I rubbed my temples. “Oh my god,” I leaned over, both hands on my knees as I took deep breaths.

“Wow, if anyone looks at you, they’d think you’re the one giving birth,” he chuckled, causing me to glare at him.

“Shut up,” I murmured, regaining my composure before looking at him. “Do you have a bag with you?”