Ch. 90 - No Questions

< Chapter 90: No Questions >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥

After everyone felt that they stayed long enough to welcome me home, they left Jamie and I to catch up on the three weeks we spent without each other. It was pretty sweet of them, and I’ll make sure I spend more time with each one of them later on.

I currently stood in the kitchen, watching the rain pour down from the window while stirring two mugs of hot chocolate. I was in a trance, watching the droplets clack at the glass, some of them rolling down and others bouncing off the closed window. I blinked a couple of times, snapping out of it before grabbing both mugs and maneuvering my way towards the living room, where Jamie sat on the couch with one leg leveled to support her ankle.

“You look cold,” I commented, handing her one of the mugs before placing mine down on a table.

“It’s freezing, what do you expect?” she chuckled, after thanking me for the hot chocolate. “Don’t you keep track of the weather? There might be a small snowstorm tomorrow.”

“What a welcome home,” I laughed, slowly leaving towards the stairs.

“Wha-.. Wait!” she quickly protested, turning around. “No, come join me,” she patted the spot next to her on the couch.

“I’ll be back,” I smiled, “I promise. I’m just getting something real quick.”

“Well make it fast,” she giggled. “You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to cuddle up to you—plus I could use the body warmth.”

I goofily rolled my eyes, walking back towards where she sat and giving her a long kiss on her beautiful lips. “It won’t take another 3 weeks, you know,” I teased, giving her nose a kiss.

“If it does, I might call the police because who the hell would know what you’re doing up there,” she winked.

“Why would I spend three weeks upstairs when I can spend three weeks with you?” I cupped her cheek in the palm of my hand and stroked it gently, while leaning my forehead on hers.

When she didn’t say anything but give me a small smile, I gave her another quick peck on her lips before finally leaving upstairs to the room that belongs to me here in her house, and opening the closet. I looked inside and pulled myself up to my tippy toes while grabbing a nice, cozy blanket and closing the closet doors.

I made my way back downstairs and spread open the once folded blanket in front of me before throwing it across Jamie’s body. I then plopped myself next to her on the couch and scooted inside the blanket so that it covered the both of us. Wrapping an arm around her, I grabbed my mug from the table next to us and kissed her cheek.

“Is that warm enough for you?” I smiled, staring lovingly into her brown orbs. She blushed and hid her face into my chest, landing a hand on my abs.