Ch. 42 - First Date

< Chapter 42: First Date >

♥ Jamie's POV: ♥

There were a million butterflies in my stomach as I hopped into the passenger side of Justin's car. I don't know why I was so nervous about our first date. I wanted it to be amazing, and a day the two of us will never forget. But you know that feeling when your crush finally asks you out and then you're finally going on that first date? You can't tell me you won't be nervous, now can you?

"This is it," I heard Justin say, as he closed his side of the car door and adjusted himself on his seat. "Our first date."

He turned his head to look at me and I just stared back, mesmerized by those amazing brown orbs. Even when the sky was already getting dark, his eyes shone like perfect little stars. I watched how his lips curled up into a small smile, and I reached over to take his hand in mine.

"It's so surreal, isn't it?" I chuckled. "One minute we're best friends for life and the next we're going out on our first date."

He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it three times, causing my heart to flutter intensely. "No matter what, you'll always be my best friend. Because that's who I fell in love with. No one knows me better than you do, Jamie."

"I feel exactly the same way, and I can't wait to raise a child with you," my smile was widened upon my face as he returned the same gigantic smile.

We held hands the whole car ride to the ice rink, leaving Justin only one hand to steer the wheel. Once we got there, we ordered some skating shoes and began putting them on. As I was putting on the second one, I noticed that the whole place was a bit quiet, which was a little strange.

"Slow business for them?" I commented as I stood up and threw my hair up in a ponytail.

"What do you mean?" Justin asked, tying the shoes in place.

I looked around the place again and then inside the rink. There was no one in there. "I think we're the only ones here," I almost whispered.

"Well I would hope so. I paid good money to rent out this place," he smirked, and my eyes widened.

"You rented out this entire ice rink?!" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, I mean I wanted it to be just the two of us, and no people coming up to ask for something or stare at us because they recognize my fame. If they do that, it wouldn't be like the old days, now would it?" he explained.

My heart melted as I stared at my boyfriend. I must be blushing a new shade of red right now, I can actually feel my cheeks heating up.

"Aww, Justin!! I love you so much, thank you!!" I jumped into his arms, causing him to lose his balance on the new shoes and we both fell down on the ground.

Justin grunted and wrapped his arms around me. "You're welcome," he chuckled, kissing my lips lightly.