Ch. 35 - Same Mistakes

< Chapter 35: Same Mistakes >

♥ Justin's POV: ♥

I was beginning to get a little bit impatient. Ever since those words came out of my mouth, no one in the room had spoken anything. Silence took over as people stared at me blankly.

Jamie is pregnant.

Jamie is pregnant.

I waited for the words to sink in, but it's starting to feel like they never will. I'm starting to get nervous as hell. Why won't someone say something?

I looked over at my right to see Jamie also waiting nervously. She seemed tense, scared, afraid of what they would say. It's not hard to conclude that she's feeling exactly what I am right now. At least we're both on the same page...

I looked back at my family members, who sat still in thought. Not even Jaxon or Jazzy made a sound - and they're kids, they're supposed to love making noise, right? Everyone's facial expression now looked a bit shocked. It was like they were thinking whether or not they heard me correctly.

"Jamie and I are having a baby," I repeated, clarifying the situation. But silence was still present. No one made a sound.

"Will you guys say something?" Jamie's voice shook. My heart jumped at how scared she really sounded. It made me want to hug her tightly, but all I could do for now was grab her hand and squeeze it reassuringly.

"R-really?" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Did someone actually speak? I scanned the people in front of me until my eyes settled on Erin.

"Yes, Erin. I really am pregnant," Jamie half-smiled. I nodded slowly and waited for someone else to say something. I was getting a little desperate.

"Well..." my dad began, shifting in his seat. My eyes flickered towards him and I watched as he examined Jamie's belly, probably trying to guess how far along she was. But to tell you the truth, she was only showing a tiny bit, but you wouldn't guess she's pregnant if you weren't thinking about it. "Congratulations," he finished, playing up a smirk.

I felt myself take a silent sigh of relief. I think we'll be okay.

"Thank you. It means a lot," I smiled as he gave me a thumbs up.

"Well you have my support too," Erin added, holding a clapping Jazzy in her arms.

"Us too," Grandpa smiled at me as Grandma nodded with him. My grin widened as I scanned down the line to my mom, who still wasn't speaking.

My heart sank again.

"Pattie?" Jamie whispered, squeezing my hand tighter. "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," Mom snapped out of her trance. "Congrats, you two." Her smile seemed a little fake as she stood from the couch, leaving upstairs. Everyone's eyes were on her and when she finally shut the door to her room, everyone turned to look at both Jamie and I.