Ch. 102 - Miracles Are Real

< Chapter 102: Miracles Are Real >

♥ Justin’s POV: ♥

It’s been 2 hours. Still no baby.

Jamie’s contractions have been getting more painful and I’ve upgraded from sitting beside her and holding her hand to leaning over her bed, kissing her multiple times wherever I could reach and whispering sweet nothings into her ear, desperate to keep her calm or give her something to make her forget the pain.

“Justin..” Jamie groaned, her chest heaving up and down, sweat surrounding her body.

“I’m right here, babe,” I reassured her, wiping the sweat from her forehead. “I’m right here.”

“I can’t do this,” she breathed, tears engulfing her eyes. “I’m scared, I-it… It hurts, Justin.”

“You’re a strong girl,” I said strictly, in a tone no one would dare argue with. “I believe in you. You can do it.”

“No,” she whimpered, her grip on my hand faltering, causing me to panic slightly. “I c-can’t..”

“Stop it, Jamie. Don’t talk like that,” I said, holding her hand with both of mine, wanting to get her firm grip back to me. “I know you’re scared, baby, I know. Just… Just breathe for me, okay?”

I began taking long breaths in and out along with her, just like I had been doing this entire time, not once letting go of her hand. She eventually calmed down and I kissed her cheek, handing her another bottle of water. I watched her drink the entire thing while the nurses checked on her, catching us up on what was happening.

“I’ll go call the doctor, we might be ready to start delivering,” she smiled before leaving quickly. My heart skipped a beat, eyes widening as I tried to let this information sink in. Jamie nearly choked on the water she was just finishing before looking up at me.

“D-Delivering?” she stuttered, giving me a frantic gaze.

“Relax,” I soothed, my voice more confident than I really was as I gently caressed her arm. Ryan came back inside just about the same time as the doctor did, and not much later did Dr. Greene turn to look at Ryan.

“I’m sorry, sir, we’re about to start delivery. We only allow the parents and the father in the room,” she said, rushing her words.

“Alright, I understand,” Ryan nodded, “I’ll go tell her parents.”

“Thank you,” Dr. Greene nodded before turning to us. “She’s ten centimeters dilated. We’re ready to deliver this kid,” she smiled brightly at the two of us and the minute Danny, Jade and my mother came in the room, everything became a huge blur.

The only thing reminding me that I was still in the room was Jamie’s constant grasp on my hand, compressing her fingers into my palm as nurses rushed into the room about the same time as Jamie was getting yet another contraction.