Ch. 22 - Can Anyone Spell 'Disaster'?

< Chapter 22: Can Anyone Spell 'Disaster'? >

♥ Justin's POV: ♥

"Psst..."

I shift in the opposite direction and away from the person responsible of a noise disturbing my sleep.

"Justin, wake up.."

I let out a groan and covered my face with a pillow.

"Now, boy!" I felt the covers rip out from my body, exposing me to the slightly chilly air. My eyes shot open, only to see Danny's face right in front of mine so our noses were millimeters apart. Startled, I let out a scream and he instantly covered my mouth. "Shh!!! Jade's still sleeping and is exhausted from all the traveling. I suggest you don't wake her up," he whispered.

After yesterday's long day of the return of Jamie's parents, everyone headed to rest. Danny and Jade in their bedroom, Jamie in hers and me in the biggest guest room. Well... I wouldn't say it's still a guest room. No matter how many guests come over, they never get to use this one because it has kind of become my own room in this house. It has my style and everything, just like Jamie has her own room in my house for when she comes over. So I thought I'd sleep here instead of with Jamie because I didn't want to disturb her parents or make them uncomfortable. I mean, they just returned from their business trip and one found out I was dating his daughter so the least I could do is not make them imagine what 'we must be doing' in her room.

"Daniel, what are you doing in my room? Is there a problem?" I teased, using his full name. I love how I can tease him as if he's my own dad. Because he is, in a way.

Danny narrowed his eyes at me and blinked once.

"Justin... I need to tell you something. Jamie and I woke up before everyone else. We were having a talk and it came up that you two had sex... This is true, right?" he said in a monotone voice.

I gulped and sat up against the headboard, staring at him anxiously. "Umm.. Yes, Danny, it is, a-"

He interrupted, "-It's good that you're honest because Jamie already confirmed it."

"Wait... A-are you mad at me? At her? At us?" I asked warily.

"Justin...," he sighed, "do you know how to use a condom?"

I froze. No. No, it can't be...

"You-? Y-you know?!" I questioned in shock. He let out a fake laugh.

"Of course I do, Justin. What I absolutely know is that you got my little Jamie pregnant. Do you know what that means?"

I shook a little.

"It means I'm... I'm gonna be a grandad," he said, tearing up. But he had a huge smile on his face. Whoa, hold up... What the fuck?

"You're happy about this?!" I spoke up a little louder.

"Hell yeah! I've always wanted another kid, if it means grand kid then so be it! If you two are happy then so am I. And Jamie told me her mother knows already. I can't wait to meet this baby!" he said with such excitement. Well, the feeling is mutual.

I was still lost, though. Why did Jamie tell her father about this without me? I just don't understand.

"Me neither, and I'm sorry about all this. You know, for uhh... Having sex with your daughter," I gulped, embarrassed.

"If you can protect her and the baby then I forgive you," he winked and with a tap on my leg, he stood from the bed and began to walk out. About halfway through the room, he stopped and looked back at me. "But you do know how to use a condom right?"