Ch. 37 - Surprise, Surprise

< Chapter 37: Surprise, Surprise >

♥ Phoebe's POV: ♥

As my elbow rested on the table, I was leaning my head on one hand while stirring my tea boredly. My thoughts would wander off to different things, but then go blank 'cause I couldn't stay focused on one thing for more than a minute.

"Phoebs?" a familiar voice called from behind me. I turned around and watched Jamie enter the kitchen.

"Good morning," I play up a smile.

"Morning," she smiles back, tracing the edge of the table with her finger.

Last night pretty much ended with Justin and I taking the pizza up to Jamie's room and we all began eating it... at midnight... on Jamie's bed... sat in a circle... while we chatted about animals.

Weird, I know.

"If you have any more midnight cravings, you can invite me over, okay?" I joke, winking at her direction.

She laughed and got out a bowl, then searched for milk and cereal. "Very funny," she rolled her eyes, "But I wanted to ask you something."

"Sure, go ahead."

"Well I wanted to know why you wouldn't tell us sooner," she spoke indirectly, slightly confusing me.

"What do you mean?"

"Justin told me... about Noah and stuff.." she explained, while in the process of pouring more cereal than she usually eats. Looks like the baby's hungry..

"Oh..." I almost whisper, stirring my tea slower than before.

"You always know you can talk to us about that," she said, sitting in front of me.

"I know, thanks... I'm just... Figuring things out," I forced a smile.

"Well you know where to find us, if anything," she winked, taking a spoonful of cereal and stuffing it into her mouth.

I couldn't help but giggle. "Is that some sort of baby hunger?"

"The baby wants what the baby wants," she spoke with her mouth full.

"Very attractive," I smirk, leaning back on my chair. A few seconds later, a new voice filled the kitchen.

"Good morning, my two favorite girls," it said. Well... who else could it be?

"Hey Justin," I giggled.

"Hey babe," Jamie added, her words muffled by the food in her mouth.