Ch. 52 - Girl's Night

< Chapter 52: Girl’s Night >

♥ Jamie’s POV: ♥

“So what do you have planned for this girl’s night?” I asked Phoebe, who was just entering the living room with a box of who knows what.

“It’s gonna be fun! We’ll paint our nails, talk about boys, and do other stuff,” she beamed, setting the box on the table which I assumed contained everything we needed to get our nails done.

“Really? Talk about boys? We already have boyfriends,” I said, finding her excitement a little funny.

“So?! There’s so much to say about them!” she argued, just as the doorbell began to ring. I immediately shot Phoebe a confused look.

“Who could possibly be at your door at this time?” I asked, extremely puzzled. I already knew her parents were visiting her grandparents, and all the guys are out at guy’s night, aren’t they?

“Oh yeah,” Phoebe smiled at me sheepishly, “I forgot to tell you. I invited someone else over for girl’s night.”

“Someone else?” I said, wondering who the hell that could be. I guess I’ll just have to find out.

As Phoebe walked over to open the door for this mystery person, I stood back curiously, waiting for the person to be revealed.

“Hey! Glad you can make it!” Phoebe beamed at the girl who stood at her front porch, and as soon as she came in, relief washed over me. I guess it could’ve been worse.

Allison greeted Phoebe back as she stepped inside the house and, when she noticed me, she gave me a light smile.

“Hi Jamie! It’s been a while,” she said.

“I know, right?” I laughed, giving her a friendly hug. “I’m so happy to see you!”

“Same here!” she giggled, digging into her bag to look for something. “And I brought you girls some brownies. It’s my grandma’s recipe,” she said, pulling out a box of brownies which, just so you know, looked delicious.

Mmm… now that you mention it. I think the baby might be craving some chocolatey goodness.

“Wow, thanks! That’s so nice of you,” Phoebe said gratefully, and I nodded as if to agree with her.

“No problem, I just thought we could eat something amazing while we spend our night together,” she said, setting down the brownies on the table.

“Here, I’ll get us some plates and a drink,” I offered, getting ready to head towards the kitchen.

“I’ll help,” Allison piped in, following after me as we entered Phoebe’s kitchen.

“Aww, you’re such a sweetheart,” I smiled at her, collecting a couple of plates and cups for us to use.