Gun Play

Bryson was finishing unpacking his things in the spare room that Vic and Andre let him stay in when his phone began to ring. It was Cat. She had been calling since two days ago after his failed attempt at having a meeting. He was getting annoyed and he even considered changing his number, but he was sure that even that wouldn't stop her from reaching out to him.

"What... Do... You... Want..." Bryson answered the phone aggravated. He heard her on the other end breathing. She didn’t say anything. "Hello?!"

"Im in the hospital Bryson.... I miss you. Come visit me please?" she said in a strained voice. "They said I don't have much time. None of the treatments have been working. They say I have until the end of the summer..."

Bryson just stood there. No emotion. No expression. Nothing. He was numb to her. His sympathy was tarnished. He could finally say he didn't give a damn. Bad things happen to bad people. It is what it is.

"Im sorry to hear that," he said in a low tone, "but I have a job interview soon since Im out of work. I don't want to see you anyway. Goodbye Cat." he said in a monotone voice and hung up. She immediately called back to back for about an hour and he refused to pick up. Fuck her.

~

Sutton stood nervously outside of her mother's office. She couldn’t decide if she wanted to tell her or not. Her mother had all these high expectations for her. She wanted her to graduate college and go to grad school and become a psychologist like her. Her dad did too. She never did what they wanted. The only reason she was in college was because her friends were and she didn’t want to feel left behind.

"Mom..?" Sutton knocked on her mom's office door and slowly walked in. Her head was buried in piles of papers that she seemed to be looking over as if they were a bible. She hadn’t even acknowledged Sutton's presence. She walked over quietly and sat down. Sutton examined her mom. She looked stressed. Her long black hair was thinning and she had deep worry lines on her forehead. She began to wonder if it was really worth it. This job. She and her dad always came home late when Sutton was a kid. She knew babysitters more than she knew her parents. They always compensated lost time with gifts and money. It eventually stopped meaning anything to Sutton.

The phone on her desk jolted her out of her studious trance. It rung an ear piercing ringtone that made Sutton cringe. She looked up at Sutton and smiled as she answered the phone.

"Oh hello Cat, how are you?" her mother rolled her eyes and pressed the mute button on the phone, "Hey Sutty step out for a second would you dear?" she blew Sutton a kiss and returned to the call. Sutton caught the air kiss and touched it to her cheek while she stood and slid out of the door, being careful enough not to close it all the way so she could eavesdrop.

"Im so sorry to hear that your chemotherapy hasn't worked dear." her mom sounded so concerned. "How long? Three months to live? Have you told your husband?"

Sutton's jaw dropped. Cat was dying. The evil bi-tch was dying. Her stomach leaped. All news of her baby ceased to exist as she rushed from her mother's office with the good news.

~

Safyra was shopping around alone. She needed some retail therapy. She needed to get away from all of the drama. She didn’t want anyone's company right now, not even Giselle's. She was leaving Victoria's Secret when she saw Bryson shaking a mans hand outside of an expensive gentleman's wear store. He was dressed to the nines. He had an all black well-tailored suit with a golden tie. He even got a new haircut which was an upgrade from the 90's do he had at the club. And not to mention, the gold watch he was wearing looked as if it cost rent money. He looked like a complete different person. She waited patiently as they finished talking. He looked charming and dashing. His mannerisms and the way he spoke so confidently. It turned her on. She never saw this side of Bryson before. As he wrapped up the convo, Safyra floated over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped a bit and smiled surprised to see her out and about as if nothing had been happening for the past week.

"Bryson you look... Amazing" Safyra fucked him with her eyes. He blushed under her lustful gaze. Bryson knew he cleaned up nice. He had to. He couldn't walk into a suit boutique with clubwear, sneakers, and a hightop fade.

"Thanks Saf." he said cheesing. He was glowing. But Safyra was the one who looked delectable. She wore an all white maxi dress with drop shoulders that made her brown skin gleam. Her glossy curls were free and wild and hung to the middle of her back and around her shoulders. Safyra looked like a goddess. He bit his bottom lip hoping that she didn’t notice, but she did. She smiled and avoided his gaze which turned the awkward silence into an utterly awkward moment.

"So... Have you eaten yet? That interview made me hungry." he said lifting one eyebrow the way he always did when he wanted to say something but didn’t.

"Haha, nope im pretty starved. Lets hit the cheesecake factory. I mean... I wouldn't want to waste a good suit on food from the foodcourt" she said side-eyeing him. Her mouth began to water and it wasn't for cheesecake.

~

Cat's bodyguards reported back to her immediately that they had seen Bryson with Safyra. She was fuming. She needed to do something. Regardless of how long she had to live she needed to prove her point. Nobody fucked over Cat. This was her city. Her town. Her rules. No one went against her and lived to tell about it. Not even some of her own family members. Call her cold hearted, but Cat gets what Cat wants.

"She's dead. Or at least she's going to be" Cat seethed through her teeth. "I hate her. I hate that stupid bitch! Kill her and leave her to die were she is. TONIGHT!" she spat. The guards nodded and exited her posh hospital room. She had the hospital arrange it according to her needs. Money can really do anything. Especially kill people.

They hopped in the black Lincoln Navigator that Cat bought them and headed for the restaurant that they last saw them in.

~

Safyra was now sitting inside of Bryson's car in the parking lot. It began to become empty as people started heading home after a day of non-stop shopping.

"You chewed like such a cow!" Safyra cracked at Bryson as the both threw their heads back in laughter.

"Yea, says the llama! I could see everything you were eating." he snapped back. Someone walked up to the window.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

They both jumped in their seats and were scared half to death at the laughing faces of Vic, Andre, and Arielle. Bryson rolled his window down annoyed.

"Hey what are you guys doing here? We just caught a movie! Head back to our place and hang?" Vic asked. Andre and Arielle were getting into Vic's car.

"We were just catching something to eat, and sure we'll follow you guys there."

POW POW POW POW!

Four gun shots rang off in their direction from an all black truck. Glass shattered everywhere and screams were heard from both Bryson and Vic's car. The truck sped off in a cloud of smoke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Favorite, Vote, Comment, Share!!!!!