Robbie Shapiro

One of my favorite things about Hollywood Arts was the fact that there were no homecomings, proms, or formals. Which I know, I know sounds incredibly boring, lame, and makes me sound like the world's largest kill joy. This wasn't the case obviously I didn't harbor a hatred for parties or dancing or streamers. My problem with school dances was the fact that it made me feel rather single and alone, there was nothing like being surrounded by dancing high school couples in love to remind you how loveless your life is. To make matters even worse, most of my friends had a date to the dance so I was going to be one of the only ones who didn't have a date. Beck and Jade were going together obviously, Cat was going with her current boyfriend, Andre and Tori decided to go together, the only ones who didn't have a date were Robbie and me. 

Robbie Shapiro, my lifelong best friend and unfortunately for me my current crush. Jade and Andre were convinced that Robbie shared my feelings, they claimed that it was as obvious as the fact that Trina Vega couldn't sing, but I wasn't so sure. I was convinced that he was in love with Cat, the two of them had always been really close and they were perfect together both sweet and quirky, how could I compete? I felt a buzz in my back pocket, pulling it out I noticed that the group chat was fully alive.

Tori: Whose really for prome? 

Cat: MEEEEE!!!

Jade: I'm being forced to go

Beck: Babe be nice

Jade: No

Tori: Anyways Robbie, Y/N either or you get a date yet?

Me: Nope I have come to the conclusion that I am going to die alone

Jade: Dark

Jade: I like it

Andre: Don't say that girl you'll find love 

Me: Debatable

Andre: What about you Rob?

Robbie: .....

Beck: Rob come on

Robbie: .....

Jade: Damn it Robbie answer the question  

Robbie: Fine I don't have a date

Tori: This conversation has become just one big buzzkill

Me: Geez thanks Tori

Jade: Whatever see you later losers

Time Skip to later in the day brought to you by The Sky Store

I flipped through the channels aimlessly not able to find something that I actually enjoyed, all I knew is that I was bored. I had finally settled on a show when the doorbell rang, confused I made my way off the couch and over to the door. 

"Robbie?" I ask shocked when I opened the door to see my best friend standing there with a bouquet of flowers, "What are you doing?"

"I um..." he mumbles nervously, "I um.. I was wondering if you would maybe go to prome with me?"

"As friends?" I ask softly not wanting to get my hopes up

"Um no as my date," he says rubbing the back of his neck nervously 

"Oh my god really? I would love to," I say smiling widely 

"Wait really?" he asked shocked 

"Yeah I'd love to Robbie," I say grinning 

"Perfect, I'll pick you up at seven then?" he asks, before glancing at the flours in his hand, "Oh right, these are for you?"

"Thanks, Robbie," I say smiling down at the flowers trying to hide my ever-growing blush

"Thank you for agreeing to go with me," he says smiling just as widely as me, "Well I guess I'll be going then."

"Or you could stay and watch a movie with me," I suggest hopefully

"I'd love to," he says closing the door behind him as he fully entered the room, taking a seat on the couch next to me. I can't believe I was going to the prome with Robbie Shapiro, I could barely contain myself.