Jack Brewer

I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. Is the mantra I tell myself over and over again, as I watch the scene unfold in front of me. I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. It's just Kim and Jack talking it's no big deal. No big deal. I'm not a jealous person. I'm not a jealous person. I mean they were always together, that's definitely true. But you and Jack were dating, he was my boyfriend I needed to trust him. Even if he and Jack were super close, and were constantly sending time together, sparring and hanging out. No big deal. No big deal. No big deal. I tell myself, creating a new mantra. 

"Hey gorgeous," Jack says taking a seat next to me

"Hi babe," I say smiling softly as I kissed me lightly on the cheek, "How is your day going?"

"Nothing special, math was boring the usual," he says shrugging

"I'm sorry, I know how much you hate math," I say softly, "Hey I was wondering if you wanted to maybe hang out after school? I was thinking we could go to Falafel Phil's and talk for a bit, then maybe head back to my house and watch some TV?" 

"That sounds great, but I already have plans," he says 

"Oh," I say softly trying to hide my disappointment, "Well maybe we can do something after? How long will your plans take?"

"I would love to Y/N/N trust me I would, but I have Kim and I have to study for a biology test, and then we were going to get some extra sparing in," he says 

"Oh," I say unable to hide my disappointment this time, Kim. Of course, they have plans together. 

"Hey look I'm so sorry baby I'll make it up to you I promise," he says grabbing my hand in his

"It's okay," I say softly struggling to hold back tears, "I have to go, I need to talk to my English teacher about something." Making my way to my feet, I exited the cafeteria. I was so distracted that I didn't even notice where I was going until I almost ran into someone. 

"Wow Y/N are you okay?" Kim asked, of course, I would run into her of all people. 

"Yeah I'm fine," I say shoving her out of the way and running as far away as possible 

Time skip to Y/N's house brought to you by Ruddy's talking toilet 

I felt so defeated as I walked into my room, shoulder slumping under the combined weight of my backpack and the sadness I was feeling. Not knowing what else to do, I made my way over to my bed and collapsed headfirst onto the bed, sobbing softly. This was so stupid, I shouldn't be crying right now. Nothing had even happened, right? He was just hanging out with Kim, for the fifth time this week. the thought made the tears pour even harder until they were streaming down my face like a waterfall. 

"Y/N? Can I come in?" the voice of my boyfriend asks accompanied by a soft knocking on the door. Shit, I can't have him seeing me like this. 

"Um sure, just give me a second," I say urgently whipping the tears from my eyes and attempting to calm down my frizzy hair, in my haste to make my way to the door. Cautiously I opened the door, with my final attempts to wipe the tears off of my face, shocked by the sad-looking face my boyfriend was making, "Jack? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Am I okay?" he asks in disbelief making his way over to my bed, not hesitating to take a seat, "I should be asking you, Kim said she saw you leave school in a hurry. She said it looked like you were crying, and she was obviously right. Your eyes are all puffy and red."

"Yeah I'm fine," I say softly

"Come on Y/N cut the crap, something is obviously wrong. Tell me," he says reaching over lacing our fingers together, "Please."

"It's nothing don't worry," I say 

"Babygirl tell me please," he whispers softly, "I want to help."

"It's stupid," I mumble softly feeling stupid and insecure 

"Hey, it can't be stupid if it's making you upset," he says

"Fine, I was feeling insecure since you have been hanging out with Kim so much lately, because she's so pretty, and talented. And sometimes I just feel like it's a matter of time before you realize that she's better suited for you than I am and one day you are going to wake up and leave me," I say softly trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill. 

"Oh my god, Y/N/N, I'm so sorry I made you feel like that," he says softly, "I love you so much, and nothing is ever going to change that. Especially not Kim, she and I are just friends. You are the one for me, you are so funny and smart and gorgeous. And I'm sorry I haven't been a better boyfriend, I haven't been spending as much time with you as I have."

"It's not your fault Jack," I say softly, "I love you too." 

"But it is, it is my fault. And I promise I'm going to make it up to you, starting tonight," he says reaching into his bag and pulling out my favorite snacks and a copy of my favorite movie, "Let's get this night started. I need some much needed time with my favorite girl."