Chapter 53: You are Crazy

A gentle knock raps against my door. I spin to my mirror one last time, studying my nut-brown curls and dark-rimmed doe eyes. I inhale deeply as the sense of giddiness and anxiousness bubbles up in my chest. 'It is just Sebastien' I chide myself. I turn forward and swing open the door revealing his tall, striking figure. He is casually leaning against my doorway with one hand in his black bomber jacket and a gray henley underneath. Bash meets my eyes and a breath-taking smile flashes across his face.

"Hey." He breaks from the wall stepping forward.

I look up at him. "Hey, Bash."

"As always, you are absolutely beautiful," he tells me and pulls out a single, soft-budded rose. He twirls it a little before handing it to me. My chest flutters and I force my shaky fingers to grab it. I am such a lovesick moron. I bring it to my nose sniffing it softly.

"Thank you," I murmur my cheeks flushing.

His smile never breaks and he steps closer scooping me up into his arms. He tightly hugs me in the air and I break into giggles.

"This is going to be fun," he says into my neck.

"Yeah?" I respond as he settles me down and I begin to relax.

"Yes. I am going to woo you." He winks.

I snort rolling my eyes. "You don't need to woo me," I reply softly laughing. I grab the empty mason jar on my dresser and gently slip the pretty rose into it.

He smirks. "I am absolutely going to do everything in my power too." He lightly grabs my hand his small layer of scruff tickling my fingers as he kisses my knuckles. I bite my lip to restrain my smile.

He cocks his head to the side. "Are you ready to go?" I nod. "Awesome. We have a train to catch." He bellows out his arm to follow and I smile locking my door behind us.

***

We are standing in Rockefeller ice skating center. Yes, this gorgeous idiot dragged me to New York City.

Blades slice against the ice and laughter rings in the air around us. Somehow, Bash managed to find an activity we have never done together before, but when he said cold I didn't expect ice.

I grasp the low railing of the smooth egg-shaped rink trying to move my feet in coordination with each other. I have always had an irrational fear I will fall and impale myself on the ends of my skates. As I am furiously hugging the railing, Bash glides a few feet to my left.

Suddenly, his hands go around my waist pulling me into his side. A squeak escapes me and a speedy guy flies in the spot that was just between us.

"Thanks, Bash," I say out of breath and subconsciously huddle closer into his arm. I inhale a whiff of him and close my eyes with a sigh. "Have I ever told you how I really love how you smell?" I murmur softly, totally not thinking at all before I speak.

"Do you?" I can hear the smirk in his voice. "I guess I'll always have to remain close to you to glorify you with my scent."

I laugh giving him a hard shove forward. He drifts ahead his mouth open in mock dismay.

I snicker but without having his presence holding me, my skates lose balance and my eyes go wide as I fall backward. "Oof" I sputter my butt slamming against the cold, rock-hard ground. Dammit, that hurt. Stupid karma.

Bash five feet ahead of me witnesses the whole thing. "Emma, I leave you for five seconds," he jests.

"Oh, you shut up," I grumble my butt now sore from the impact. Luckily my skate blades did not come anywhere near my face.