Chapter 56: Dragon Tattoo

*author's note* I am so sorry everyone for not uploading chapters :( It has been a really rough 2 weeks. But school ends for me Monday. I am so excited! I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you so much for staying with me and continuing to read this story! Please send a vote!

I'll give a small recap of the last chapter: Emma saw Serena and then she and Bash went on a double date and he found out about it...

***

The minute we go back to his place he slams the door clearly waiting to finish our conversation.

"Why do I always have to find out about things from other people Emma?" He says crossing his arms.

I flinch from the accusation coming off him but face him directly. "There was nothing to tell," I deadpan.

"Emma, Serena was mean to you because of me! And you told everyone else, but me. You don't have to tell me every moment of your life, but that seems to be a pretty damn important thing to leave out!"

I grind my teeth in irritation. "But there was nothing you could have done and it is over with. I didn't want to hurt you over something dumb."

He steps closer. "Hurt me? Why would it hurt me? We are in a relationship and we are supposed to tell each other these things. You're the one who told me that I will one day have to tell my girlfriend everything, but you're doing the exact opposite! I want to do right by you, but it is not fair if you don't do the same!"

"It's not the same Bash!" I shout back. "It was one small detail. I just didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing."

He clenches his jaw. "You're not hearing me."

"And you are not hearing me!"

He turns around to the door, but he pauses deeply inhaling, and spins back. "I need a breather."

My eyes widen. "Alright," I whisper softly.

He sits down on the bed his eyes screwed shut and I cautiously sit down beside him. When his breathing evens, I lightly press my hand to his and he immediately knits our fingers together reassuring me. He didn't run from our fight.

"I am sorry," he murmurs.

"I am sorry too Bash." I look up at him openly. "I don't know what I am doing."

"Neither do I," he admits and feebly grins. "But we'll figure it out together. I am really sorry how I reacted. I shouldn't have let my anger come out that way or slammed the door. If you didn't think it was important, I should trust you. And I do trust you. I will act more like it from now on."

"I appreciate that Bash." I bury my face into his chest and he kisses the top of my head.

"I am a work in progress," he says lightly.

I giggle. "You're my work in progress," and he laughs. "I am sorry I didn't tell you Bash, but I am happy you didn't leave," I whisper.

"I don't want to leave you ever," he confesses. I tighten my fingers around him. "And I think we will always find a way to work it out together."

"We will, always," I repeat.

"I love you Emma Barnes."

My breath hitches. I know we have always said it, but it means more now. I squeeze his hand tighter. "And I love you Sebastien Reed."

He beams at me and I grin stupidly back. I reach up to kiss him softly on the lips.

***