Chapter 29: Mushy Gushy

The next few days after my unexpected crashing of the party is very off-balanced. Bash texted me and apologized the day after for his behavior and a mysterious box of my favorite chocolates and ramen appeared at my dorm-step, but then he fell off the face of the Earth again. Normally we text throughout the day but he's being spotty with responses and hasn't initiated hanging out in general.

I assumed we would be back to normal by now, but I'm starting to feel like it's not looking that way. I thought I knew everything there was to know about Bash, but I guess not so much, considering I never have been on the receiving end of this kind of behavior from him.

I unexpectedly run into Britt on Wednesday night which I feel is perfect timing, because now it is her turn for advice.

"Hey, Britt! How are you?" I say attempting to sound as chirpy as I possibly can be given the circumstances.

"I am amazing darling. How are you?" She says smiling and then rapidly types on her phone.

"Well, um, I have been meaning to ask you something." She glances up at me. "I been wondering if Sebastien is still angry with me? We haven't been talking too much," I say, truly not liking how our roles reversed.

"Oh no, I don't think so. He felt really bad about what happened Saturday but that was it. To be honest things with me and him have been great. We have been having tons of sex and he has been inviting me to all of his parties," she exclaims happily.

My eyes pop open and my mouth opens a little before I slam it shut. Way, way too much information. I don't know why she is telling me this. I am not used to other people being this open with me.

"Um, yeah that's, uh, good I guess," I stutter out.

She giggles. "I'm sorry that was probably a little much. I'm just in a good mood."

I swallow. "Well, that's good. I am happy for you," I say awkwardly, desperately trying to rip out certain images now floating in my head.

"Thank you. I actually have to go! We'll talk soon okay?" And she is already striding past me on her way out.

Well, she was unhelpful as ever as I glimpse at her retreating figure. I decide to just suck it up and I shoot Bash a message asking if we are still on for Friday night. A half-hour later mid-stroll I get an alert that he responded back.

I actually can't I'm sorry. Brittany and I are going out. (Sebastien)

My stomach instantly drops. He is canceling again? I thought we were at least better or on speaking terms. Fixating on it, I need to get a second opinion if I'm overreacting about it so I call Jamie. She doesn't answer after two tries so I call Luka instead. He picks up and asks if I want to get coffee and I agree.

We are now sitting outside the coffeehouse in metal chairs with caffeine warming both our hands. It's pretty chilly, but Luka insisted we sit outside to enjoy this "lovely weather" as he calls it while it still lasts.

"So what's up Emma?" Luka asks sipping his frappuccino.

I take a huge sip of my green tea burning my tongue as the steam clouds my face. Ignoring my numb mouth, I give him the rundown of everything that happened between me and Bash. He sits intently listening, drumming his fingers on the metal table.

As I finish, he puts down his drink and crosses his arms across his chest. "I think this is you guys finally starting to explore those feelings I was telling you about."

"Um, what?" I ask unnerved.

"You know, the mushy-gushy feelings," he says in an impish tone wagging his finger.

"This isn't funny Luka," I state getting a little annoyed.

"I know, I am being a-hundred-percent serious. I don't think you're feelings are one-sided at all. You guys like seriously need to talk because I am frustrated and I am not even in the middle of it." He throws his hands up in the air. "All my friends got way too much sexual frustration."

I sip my now warm tea and mull it over. I can't imagine that's it. If I even let that thought in for a second it would make me overthink everything and I can't do that because knowing me I would take things too far and interpret it all wrong. Sebastien does not have feelings for me. He never did. It would have come up by now if he did. I shove Luka's interpretation away to stay safe. I slowly realize how much Luka is becoming my confidante and is extremely considerate for listening to my constant rambling, even if he is wrong.

"You know, you are a really amazing friend. Thank you Luka, for listening to me all the time."

"Oh, I know I'm the best," he says jokingly and wipes his chest like brushing off dust in a confident manner.

"No, no I am being serious. We haven't known each other that long, but I consider you one of my best friends," I declare wholeheartedly and blush at the confession.

"Awww," he leans across and grabs my cheeks squishing them and I push his arms away, my blush growing deeper. "I am truly honored Emma. I feel the same way with you," he says his voice more sincere. I offer to buy him a dessert, which he accepts, but that doesn't nearly measure up to how thankful I am for him.

Back waiting in line he turns to me, "You know they have some medical school internships coming up?" He informs me.

"For real? That's awesome!"

"Yeah, I already applied they were talking about them last week in a few of my classes," he tells me.

I am a little taken aback that I did not know about this. I think it over and realize that I actually did briefly hear about it in my biochemistry lecture. I guess I have been pretty distracted since I didn't jump at the idea at the time. That realization momentarily confuses me. I write it down in my phone calendar to fill out an application and I wish him good luck on his. After finishing our cake pops we pick another date to do some studying for stats and then go our separate ways. Walking in the direction of my dorm, I decide to hit up Jess as well, because I believe I have been a little absent in a lot of areas of my life and need to get my priorities in order. She responds instantaneously.

Come visit me at my dorm! (Jess)

***
*Author's Note*
Send a vote if you love Luka!!