Chapter 58: Bewitched

Friday

"Oh my god," I moan. "How have we never tried this before?" I glance up and those cerulean blue eyes are watching me, his gaze unreadable. "Want to try a piece?" I murmur before stuffing another spoonful of tiramisu into my mouth shutting my eyelids from the flavor. Since it was our first time having a pizza night as a couple, we switched it up by ordering dessert for the first time and I even wore a nice little black dress.

I feel the seat dip beside me and I blink open to Sebastien now sitting next to me. My lips part in surprise and his thumb presses against my bottom lip before sweeping the swab of chocolate into his own. He licks his lips and my breath hitches.

"You're right, delicious," he murmurs staring at me intently. Out of the corner of my eye, the waitress approaches us before disappearing as fast as she came.

"I think." I swallow softly. "We might be making the people around us uncomfortable," I whisper.

"Good," he retorts leaning in to press a soft kiss against my rapid pulse at my neck. I have to force back a shiver as a thrill shoots through me.

"Bash," I murmur swatting his shoulder flustered at our public display.

"Oh fine." He sighs rolling his eyes but kisses my cheek. "I'll be on my best behavior for the rest of the night." He goes back to his side of the booth scooping a spoonful of the tiramisu for himself. I chew my lip before taking another small bite trying not to think about Bash's lingering touch. He is seriously dangerous.

***

We return back to his house and I sit down on his bed. He comes and sits beside me leaning back against his backboard.

"How's your internship?" I ask him as I twist off my heels since my feet are literally crying.

He shrugs closing his eyes. "I like it."

"That's it? You going on all mysterious on me?" I tease.

He quirks an eyebrow opening up one eye. "That's mysterious?"

"Um yeah, Bash."

He pulls me into his lap and I squeal at the quick movement.

"It's amazing, okay? I really think this is what I want to do. I like going home thinking I may have helped someone. Like really helped them." He grins. "Better?"

"Definitely." I grin back and nibble my lip. "I turned down the hospital internship," I admit.

He blinks. "You did?"

"I did."

He grins and squeezes my waist. "I am thrilled for you."

"Thanks." I gaze at him and still in his lap my heart begins to pulsate at our nearness. I feather lightly trace his face with my fingertips and our eyes meet. We both lean forward meeting into a kiss. He softly presses into me, but I want more. I kiss him deeper and he shifts away from the wall to hold my face intensifying us. I wrap my legs around his waist and pull him down on top of me. He chuckles and I pull us closer the air growing heated.

"Emma," he all but growls. He breaks the kiss to look at me. He pushes up to balance over me and we gaze at one another intensely.

"Wait, we don't—" he clears his throat. "We don't have to jump into anything Emma. We are in no rush like at all."

I smile before I gently glide my fingers underneath his shirt lifting it over his head. He moves so it's easier but just watches me silently. I slide my palm across his chest and stop it over his heart. Its beat matches my own's rapid pace.