Chapter 10: Bashy

After finishing up my shift at the library, I collect a book on the cholera outbreak that my epidemiology professor mentioned. I snatch up an oval plush couch tucking my knees beneath me as I prop open the book. The soft scent of leather and crisp paper flows as I flip through the pages. I am three chapters in when the sound of heels echoing against the floor distracts me. I glance up to find Brittany strutting straight to me and I do a double-take. I know this library is close to campus and a lot of students come here, but I am still very startled to see her, especially now.

"Just the girl I been looking for. It's like I am always searching for you," she mutters as she laughs at her own joke. "I finally figured the library would be the best place to find you. Do you mind if I sit?"

I blink several times. She was looking for me? Oh, boy.

"Um yeah of course," I reply squirming on the insides. I pick up my water bottle and take a long sip to calm my nerves.

She sits down confidently on the sofa across from me. "So, I feel like we are friends right? Like we clicked at the party."

I stare at her, kinda confused. Clicked? At the party? I think we remember things differently, but I decide I should just go along with it.

"Um, yeah we did," I stammer out.

"Oh, that's so great. I was hoping you could help me out! So Bashy and I have been officially dating for like a month and a half now."

I almost spit out my drink when she says Bashy, but I manage to nod my head wiping the corner of my mouth a little at the edges.

"And it is has been so amazing. Sebastien is just perfect, everybody completely adores him and he's so handsome and rugged." Her eyes light up and she shoots me a small smirk. "And I know you guys are like best buds, like siblings almost, so I was hoping since you know him best, you can give me some advice on him."

Ahh, so she wants advice on Sebastien. Ok, I think I could do this. If there is one thing I know, it's Bash.

"Sure thing, what would you like help with?" I say back to her, shutting my book and putting down my drink. She smiles at me and I notice she's very pretty with her silky hair and sapphire blue eyes. Totally his type, he always dates pretty blondes.

"Well I think things are going great between us, but then he didn't even invite me to that frat party we were all at. I was the one that had to ask him first and then practically had to beg him to go," she says with a pout. "And now he's been slow to respond to my texts and I haven't been sleeping over his house. I'm really growing nervous about our relationship."

I examine her and some pity settles in. She looks genuinely worried, but I also know there's no way I am getting involved with Sebastien's relationships, especially over a girl I barely know. I am well aware he has never stayed too long in a relationship, but I never paid too much attention to how or why it happened.

"If it makes you feel better, Sebastien didn't invite me either. I had to ask him to go," I respond with a small shrug tugging my cardigan tighter around me.

"Oh really? Okay, that does make me feel a little better. He's just so confusing and I know he has kind of a reputation with dating around. He's so charming, but I don't know how he truly feels. Does he ever say anything about me?" She asks hopefully.

I try to think back on what he has said about her in the past. About two months ago, he told me he broke up with Dimple and was now dating a girl named Brittany. Then, two weeks ago when I asked what he was up to, he told me his girlfriend was over his place, and she begged to go to that frat party. Yep, that's about it. I don't think the bare minimum is what she wants to hear.

"Um... yeah he told me he was dating you and you're very nice," I say and inwardly cringe. I am really not liking how this conversation is going. I'm thankful none of his previous girlfriends ever did this before. I bite my lip awaiting her reaction.

"Awww. That's so sweet. He's such a sweetie," she gushes smiling.

"Yeah" I murmur. I want to try and make her feel a little better and partially defend him so I add quickly, "He is probably busy with his frat since all the pledges are rushing so he hasn't been able to spend as much time with you. And I know he has a reputation and he sometimes isn't very open but that's because of his parents, you know?"

"His parents?" She tilts her head at me confused.

"Yeah because they're separated," I mention to remind her. She gasps, her hands flying to her lips that are now in the shape of an 'o'.

"I never knew that," she reveals astonished.

I blink at her a little stunned, I would think Sebastien would talk about a topic like that with his girlfriend. I want to mentally face-palm myself. See, this is why I shouldn't talk to people, I always say the wrong things. Fortunately, I didn't say the entire backstory.

"That's good to know. Thank you so much, Emma! I get now why Bashy is always going on about how much of a sweetheart you are." She gives me a wink like we're conspiring together. "If you ever want to like talk or shop I am here for you. I know the best stores in the city."

"You're welcome and thank you. That's um, very kind of you," I reply blushing.

She walks over to me and hugs me from the side but I'm not sure how I am supposed to hug her back. Instead, I sit there stiff as a tree. What is up with all these new people hugging me lately? She pulls back unfazed by the awkwardness, waves, and then strolls away. I watch her go. She does seem like a nice girl, very bubbly, but pleasant overall. I want to tell Sebastien about it, but I am not sure if that's overstepping so I text Jamie instead.

Guess what just happened?

****Author's Note*Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️ I appreciate it so much!! This is when I feel like the story is starting up lol

***
*Author's Note*
Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️ I appreciate it so much!! This is when I feel like the story is starting up lol

Vote & comment it will make my day ;)