Chapter 22: into each other

Beomgyu's POV

Hyunah: WHAT THE?!

I lost eye contact with Yeonjun when I suddenly heard a familiar voice of a girl coming near our spot. Yeonjun immediately grabbed my hand and we hid inside an empty classroom.

Hyunah: Are you saying Beomgyu like someone else?

Minzy: Can't you notice it? The way how Yeonjun grabbed Beomgyu's hand a while ago in the Faculty made me think that there's something between those two.

I leaned against the wall near the entrance door so I can hide but then I gasped when Yeonjun stood in front of me. He— he's too near. His right hand rested onto the surface of the wall I am leaning to, while his face, his face was just 2 inches away from mine. I can feel the heat of his sweet breathe touching my face.

Beomgyu: Y-yeonjun.

Yeonjun: Shh.

His index finger landed on my lips. He's busy watching the two girls that are passing by the hallway while I can't take away my eyes off him. The room was dark yet the overwhelming details of his face is making my heart race so fast.

Hyunah: L.O.L. Beomgyu isn't gay! Why would he like a boy when I know he's into me now. And are you kidding me? That pervert boy?! For real? Of all boys?! Like duhh! In his dreams!

Minzy: Nope. He isn't into you. Accept it.

Yeo-yeonjun.

My eyes widened when I heard what the girl just said. Yeonjun lowered his head while he's removing his hand off the wall at a slow pace. His mood suddenly changed in an instant.

Yeonjun: I-i'm a pervert?

Beomgyu: No...! You are not a pervert! Those are just rumors, remember?

Yeonjun: But e-everyone seems that they recognized me as that way.

I suddenly ran out of words to say to him. I'm thinking so hard as hell so that I could make him feel okay. I don't want him to act like this as it's also hurting me.

Beomgyu: Everyone might see you as someone you are not, but it's you who knows deeply what you really are so don't mind them, okay?

I held his chin and raised it so that I can look into his face.

Beomgyu: You are a gentle and caring person, Yeonjun. Me, Kai and Taehyun knows that.

He isn't saying anything. But his eyes are suddenly enlightened. His eyes landed on mine, it looks like he was staring at my soul this time.

Yeonjun: Really?

Beomgyu: Yes, Yeonjun. I'm saying the truth.

I felt relieved when he smiled at me but then he took a quick peck on my lips that made my cheeks burn and blush.

Yeonjun: Gyu— Thank you. I love you.

Taehyun: What took you so long? Where have you been? You said you're going back here first?

I stuttered as Taehyun appeared when I was about to sit already. He keeps asking me too much questions. I don't know how to say this to Taehyun. I think I have to hide this thing from him. He might tease me for this.

Beomgyu: Taehyun, I—

Yeonjun: We were called by Mrs. Kwon regarding the Theater Play.

Taehyun: Ahh. You made me nervous, Beomgyu! I thought you were kidnapped by some sort of gang.

Beomgyu: (chuckles) Why would they even kidnap me?

I sat on my seat while Taehyun sat on my armrest.

Yeonjun: If ever, I won't let them kidnap you.

My heart fluttered but I don't want to let Taehyun know everything so I warned Yeonjun by shaking my head with my brows furrowed.

Kai: Why? Do you like Beomgyu?

I blushed when Kai suddenly joined the conversation. Yeonjun's eyes and mine met then I looked away out of awkwardness. I hid my face from them so they cannot notice the pink tinge in my face.

Kai: I was just joking. HHAHAHAHAHAHHA! You two looked so funny and awkward like you really are dating each other.

Taehyun: Teacher's here.

Taehyun: I can't go home with you. We have practice and it is really sudden so I have to go now. Bye! Go home safe okay?

Beomgyu: Yeah. You too! Bye!

I was left standing at a bench. I was waiting for Kai and Yeonjun to come so I sat first.

I spot Yeonjun walking towards me so I stood up then I find something strange.

Beomgyu: Where's Kai?

Yeonjun: He said he had a practice with his team.

Beomgyu: O-okay.

I-i'm going home, with Yeo-yeonjun.

Yeonjun: Let's go now.

Yeonjun grabbed my bag and he placed it on his back. I was surprised so I tried taking it from him but he doesn't want to.

Beomgyu: You're making it too obvious, Yeonjun.

I finally grabbed my bag from Yeonjun. He sighed as we start to walk out of the campus.

Yeonjun: Can we hold hands?

Beomgyu: What? Yeonjun, no! There are students nearby.

He rolled his eyes in the air while I just shook my head. Of course we have to hide our relationship if we don't want to be judged by this society. If the rumors about Yeonjun was already terrifying although it wasn't true, how more terrifying would it be if somehow they knew about our relationship. My thoughts made my body shiver as I felt goosebumps.

Yeonjun: Tss. I thought we can just ignore them just like what you said earlier.

Beomgyu: I— I changed my mind.

He rolled his eyes again. Can't he even realize what we will have to gone through if ever people would know about this thing? Well, I'm not ready yet for that.