Chapter 17: dad

saturday

Beomgyu's POV

I just woke up so I went down to eat some food and I saw my Mom cleaning the house.

Beomgyu: What are you doing this time, Mom? It's too early to clean the house!

Mom: Do you even know what day is it today?

Beomgyu: Saturday?

Mom: What?! Your Dad will be so disappointed to you.

OH. RIGHT. How did I forgot that thing.

Beomgyu: Dad will come back home today! Why didn't you remind me about that Mom!

Every three years, Dad gets a three-month vacation from work in the US and usually he'll spend his vacation here. And I was so happy that today will be his arrival and I'm so excited to see him again after a long time.

Mom: Do I even have to remind you that?

I ran to go upstairs so I can prepare my things before going to the airport. After preparing, I went back downstairs to help my Mom clean the house.

Beomgyu: Dad!!!

I was filled with joy as I see my Dad so without hesitation, I ran towards his direction. I saw my dad stopped from walking then he spread his arms to welcome me with a big hug. We hugged each others like idiots. Dad even carried me while hugging and I was just laughing that whole time.

Dad: You're so big now, kid!

Beomgyu: Dad, I'm not a kid anymore.

Dad: Who said that? You're still a kid to me, you silly!

He tightened his hug even more.

Mom: What's with these two? You're making me cringe.

Beomgyu: Mom! Come join us here!

Mom: For Pete's sake! No!

Dad: Come on, honey...

Dad grabbed Mom and she was in absolute shock. We three cuddled each other with love, even Mom looked so disgusted as seen on her face. She don't want hugs or kisses in public but to be honest, Mom and Dad are cuddling in our house for hours. They are literal love birds at home.

Beomgyu: Dad, look at Mom. She seems so disgusted. Look!

Dad: Why? You don't want a hug? You want more than a hug?

Mom: Oh, God. Stop. I'm outta here.

Dad followed Mom and he gave her a back hug and the way Mom responded was hilarious. I think Dad forgot his baggage because it was left here so I initiated to be the one to carry it since Dad just came home. I was observing this two love idiots from their back and I was just laughing the whole time. I'm so glad Dad is here with us again.

beomgyu's house (7:30 PM)

Beomgyu: Mom! I'm starving! Hurry-juseyo!

Mom: Be patient, you silly.

Beomgyu: Uhhh! There are too many food right now on the table. If I'm not mistaken, that's your 11th dish!

Mom: If you'll not shut your noisy mouth of yours, I'll really slap you with this spatula.

Beomgyu: Okay! Okay!

I kept rubbing my tummy because I AM SO HUNGRY! I sat on the sofa beside Dad who's reading a newspaper.

Beomgyu: (whisper) You should be happy Dad, Mom is preparing you a lot of food.

Dad: I don't think I could eat it all. Help me, kid.

Beomgyu: Hehehheheh. I could even eat a lot more than that.

We exchanged smiles at each other and laughed.

Dad: Could you please get my bag, kid.

Beomgyu: Of course, Dad. Where is it?

Dad: Upstairs.

Beomgyu: Here.

I gave the bag to Dad and he took it from me. I sat beside him again while he was busy with his bag. It seems like he's finding something in it.

Dad: Here it is. Kid!

Beomgyu: D-Dad... Daddd!

I was astonished to the thing Dad is handing me and... I was speechless. It's a ukulele, my favorite instrument! I remember last 2017, before Dad left the country, I asked Dad to buy me a ukulele since it was my favorite instrument currently because that time I saw someone playing it on social media and that made me love ukulele. The sound of it is really pleasing to the ears.

Beomgyu: Thank you, Dad! So much!

My eyes are producing tears because of joy that time so I hugged Dad. This day is so memorable for me.

Mom: Stop the drama, yall. Food is ready!

Beomgyu: Finally!

I wiped my tears and we all gathered at the table so we could eat the food that Mom cooked.

Third Person POV

9:47 PM

After a long conversation with the family, Beomgyu is now laying on the Bed. Beomgyu was smiling like an idiot through the ceiling, it was because of the euphoria he felt a while ago with his family. This day is too meaningful for him.

He fixed his position on his bed and he was about to sleep when his phone rung. He picked up his phone and read the message...

 He picked up his phone and read the message