Chapter 16: the band

(/omg THANK YOU GUYZ SO MUCH FOR 1K READS... uwuuuuuuuu 💙💕)

While Foundation Day is approaching, every clubs are in a rush of preparing their assigned activity on the said day

at the Music Club room (10:30 AM)

Third Person POV

The club room is filled with noises coming from various music instruments. Everyone are focused on preparing their own parts which is assigned by the president.

The music club is divided into 3 units. Each unit is performing their own concept. Both Taehyun and Kai are teammates and their unit has to do a hard-rock concept.

Taehyun is having a great time dealing with his guitar. For him, it is so easy to play a guitar because of his friend, Beomgyu. Ever since they were young, Beomgyu loves to play with his guitar. Taehyun find Beomgyu's guitar skills amazing so everytime Beomgyu is finished playing with the instrument, he would be asking Beomgyu to teach him on how to play it well.

While on the other side, Kai is feeling frustrated in playing the drums. He's struggling because everytime he played the instrument, he would be ending up missing a beat or forgetting the beat. His hair is almost messy because of his frustration.

Kai: What's happening to you, Kai? Focus! Foucus!

Kai played the drums again but it was just 2 seconds after he started yet he messed up again. This time, he threw his drumsticks away out of anger and it ended up on the floor.

He covered slightly of his face with both of his hands then he sighed.

Soobin: Play it again.

The frustrated boy was startled and suddenly removed both of his hands that are covering his face a while ago. He looked up to the man who's standing in front of him and the drums, he's handing the sticks that Kai threw earlier.

Kai wasn't about to take the drumsticks but Soobin came near him and placed it each on both hands.

Soobin: Come on, do it again.

Kai: O-ok.

Kai played it again. But he forgot the beat and ending up being disappointed again.

Soobin: I see what's wrong with you.

Kai: What is it?

Soobin: Dum-Dum Ba-Ba-Dum Dum Ba-Ba-Dum Dum...

Kai was confused on what Soobin is doing.

Soobin: You have to memorize first the rhythm of the beat inside your head before playing it, you dumb.

Kai: What?!

Soobin: Don't tell me you haven't memorized the beat before practicing?

Kai: 😳

Soobin bursted out laughing towards Kai who wasn't memorizing first the beat before practicing.

Kai: I thought you have to play it immediately so that you can memorize it.

Soobin: That isn't the way how you memorize, you pabo!

Kai: Okay. Okay. I'll memorize the beat now.

Soobin: Okay, Memorize and do it well! I'll be back again later.

Kai: Okay. Thank you for making fun of me, Soobin!

Soobin: Your welcome, pabo.

Soobin left Kai while laughing and Kai smirked at him. Kai sat on a corner and began memorizing.

Taehyun: Kai, are you still memorizing right now?

Kai: I'm done but I'm still reviewing if I do really memorize it.

Taehyun: Let me help you.

Kai: Thanks.

Kai gave Taehyun a sheet of paper that is full with notes. Taehyun reviewed the whole paper so that he'll know the beat and can check if Kai memorized it well.

Taehyun: Okay, go.

Kai started to perform the rhythm of the beat using his hands and his lap. He seemed so confident right now than earlier.

He finished it well and he was happy after it. Taehyun was also happy that Kai have finished the entire beat without mistakes.

Taehyun: Come on, let's eat our lunch now.

Kai: We can eat now?

Taehyun: Yep! Soobin told it a while ago.

Kai began fixing his mess and after it, both of them left the room.

Beomgyu: I'm really really sorry, Yeonjun.

Yeonjun: I told you, it's fine.

Taehyun: Why? What happened?

All of them placed their food in the table before they sit on it. Beomgyu sat near Yeonjun while Kai is beside Taehyun who's Beomgyu's front.

Beomgyu: I messed up our Math activity.

Kai: How did you know your score? I thought we're gonna check it tomorrow?

Beomgyu: Mrs. Lee was and Ms. Park was our substitute teacher so instead of teaching Science, we just checked our Math activity.

Beomgyu looked with concern at Yeonjun who's busy eating. He really feel sorry for him for getting a low score.

Yeonjun stopped from eating and looked at the remorseful boy.

Yeonjun: It's okay. I should be the one who's sorry for sleeping earlier.

Kai: What? You slept last Math time?

Beomgyu: Yeah. He seemed so sleepy that time.

Kai: Do you wanna know why he was like that?

Beomgyu: What is it?

Kai was about to tell something but instead Yeonjun secretly kicked Kai below the table. Kai was in pain and became alerted because of it. The two was left confused on what is happening on Kai.

Beomgyu: Kai, what is it?

Kai: I actually don't know. Hehehheh.