Chapter 5 || Like Old Times

||Y/N's Point Of View||

It was finally time for the next tournament; regionals. The team had been practicing extra hard for this, perfecting their forms for the relay.

"Let's kick their butts!" Nagisa cheers.

I laugh at him, "You got it."

After the few weeks we had, I was confident we had this. All we needed to do was work as a team again. And I knew we would do it.

"So when is Rin going to swim his race?" I ask Gou.

"Today, actually." His sister answers.

I nod my head. So I'd see him today. I still haven't forgotten what happened during the dinner. No matter how much I pushed that aside in my head, I just couldn't stop thinking about how he indirectly called me cute. I know it isn't much, but it made my heart flutter. I couldn't help feeling that way.

~*~

Finally we had gotten to Rin's race. Even though it was Samezuka and despite what had happened last tournament, the team was cheering for Rin. I was happy seeing him getting ready to jump in the pool. He was a damn good swimmer, I couldn't deny that.

The whole team cheered for him as the whistle blew for the race to start. He got a good head start, and I was certain he would win. There was no doubt in my mind.

We continued to cheer as he slowly lost his lead. And I felt disappointment slowly eat at my thoughts.

"Go Rin!!" Gou yelled.

I bit my lip in anticipation. Rin couldn't lose. Not now. Not when he'd proven to be better than Haru.

Not a moment later the race was over. I gasped to myself. Rin had lost.

"No..." All the guys seemed to simultaneously whine.

I looked over at Gou with a frown.

I was about to open my mouth when Haru shot down the bleachers from the corner of my eye.

"Where does he think he's going now?!" I grit my teeth remembering how he'd run off last time.

"Is he going to go talk to Rin again?" Makoto guessed.

I shook my head, "Let them sort it out." I muttered.

We all were shocked by Rin's loss. We expected him to win...

~*~

Five minutes later, and Haru still hadn't returned. I was growing more worried with each passing second. What were those two even doing? Our relay race was starting in just a few minutes!

After ten minutes I decided someone needed to intervene. "I'm going to go find those two," I informed the team.

I blindly made my way through the locker rooms, and down the hallways searching aimlessly for the two boys.

It was only when I heard muffled shouting from outside when I found them.

I ran out the door to find the two arguing and hollering at each other.