Chapter 8 || Playful Pool Fight

||Y/N's Point Of View||

It was just several weeks ago that we were at regionals. Several weeks since Rin had proved to be genuine with us.

Now, Gou and I were helping the guys better themselves. We trained everyday after school since we came back.

We had proof that they were good enough to make it all the way. And we were using that to our advantage.

"You know what I think could help?" Gou tells us.

Makoto raises his head from the water. "What?"

"Well we won't get any better swimming ourselves. I think we need some friendly competition!"

The four guys, including myself, return a curious look to her.

"Why don't I call Rin and see if we can go over to the Samezuka pool?" She gleams with excitement.

I look over at the guys who were now giving Gou their full attention.

Nagisa was the first to comment, "That's a great idea!" He pumps his fist into the air, splashing Rei.

"That actually sounds great," Makoto smiles.

"Right? It'll totally get you in better shape and having more people to race might get you ready for more competitions." She rationalizes.

Rei agrees, "I see no downside."

"Sure," Haru responds nonchalantly.

Seeing as how everyone else agreed, I decided it wasn't bad at all.

"Okay," I smile to myself knowing I'd see Rin again.

Though it had only been a few weeks, I keep remembering what happened.

And I wondered if he even still remembered the way he said goodbye to me. I sure as hell didn't forget.

The way he looked into my eyes, the way he touched my cheek...it made my heart melt.

I was beyond excited to see him again.

"Great! I can call my brother!"

~*~

I stood outside the Samezuka indoor pool, just staring at it. It seemed way bigger than our pool.

"Let's go!" Nagisa ran inside, leaving us behind. He was clearly hyper to start swimming.

"W-wait for me!" Rei called out chasing after him.

I looked at Haru with a smile seeing as how he seemed to wear a slight smile of his own.

The rest of us walked into the indoor pool, and we saw just how many members Samezuka had compared to our swim club.

"Hey!" I recognized the red haired guy from our flight.

Gou looked at him in annoyance.

"Gou!" He greeted her with a huge grin.

Gou was preoccupied with the room full of hot, shirtless men. Her face was red and she was squealing.