Chapter 7 || Flight Home

||Y/N's Point Of View||

"I don't wanna go back," Gou frowns.

"It was nice," I smile to her.

It was now the next day, and we were catching a flight back to Japan.

"Look on the bright side," Makoto says, "We did well."

"You sure as hell did." Rin grins.

Rin was walking with us at the airport. He told us of how everything went when he got back with his own team. As I suspected, he had gotten into trouble for swimming with us. But not enough to kick him out. He was too good a swimmer for them to let go.

So now he was catching the plane with us. And I was happy to be spending more time with him. I honestly liked this cheery side of Rin.

After waiting an hour for the plane, it was finally time for us to board.

Samezuka was also on the same flight as us, which made it easier for Rin to hang out with us. Which meant the plane was full of swimmers.

As we got onto the plane, I expected to sit next to Gou. That was until this tall, red haired man took the seat next to her.

"You're Gou, aren't you?" The man tries talking to my best friend, "Rin's little sister?"

She just looks at him, "Mhm."

He winks at her, "Cute thing aren't ya?"

Gou flashes me a look of helplessness.

I mouth the words 'I'm sorry' to her seeing as how I couldn't do anything.

I flop in my seat, disappointed to not be next to her. I huff a breath of aggravation.

"Hey, this seat taken?"

I look up to see a pair of friendly red eyes.

Instantly I find myself smiling, "Not at all."

Rin sits down next to me, not breaking his smile.

"Who is that guy?" I ask pointing to the man next to Gou.

Rin looks behind him, "Seijuro? He's my captain."

I nod my head.

Rin's face turns red once he sees Seijuro talking with Gou.

"What's he doing?!"

I grab his hand in an attempt to keep him from getting up.

"He seems friendly enough." I assure him.

"She's my sister!"

I scoff, "She can handle herself. You don't need to step in every time you feel you need to."

He returns a scoff. He removes his hand from mine, and crosses his arms like a child.

I giggle at this.

"It's not funny."

I giggle some more, "Only a little bit."

It was beyond adorable the way he was being overprotective.

I took one last look back at Gou, and she seemed fine now. Her face was neutral, and I figured maybe she had good company. And then the thought that she was simply ignoring him crossed my mind.

Yep, that was definitely it.

~*~

I woke up to the sound of the cabin dinging.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. "Hmm..." I let out a soft moan as I picked up my head.

I was greeted by the sight of Rin wearing a gentle smile. "Mornin'," His voice says softly.

I snap my head up as soon as I realize where I had fallen asleep on. My head had been laying on his shoulder this whole time!

I feel heat rushing to my cheeks, "What time is it?" I ask feeling flustered.

Rin chuckles, "About two. We're landing in a few minutes."

I sigh, "Okay," Turning my attention to the window trying not to think about my head resting on his shoulder.

I wondered what he thought when I slept. Did he even give it a second thought?

As I looked out the window, I noticed how high we actually were.
Everything looked so small.
The world seemed to be a big place.

"Pretty isn't it?" Rin says.

"Yeah," I chuckle.

We stared out the window for the remainder of the flight. When the plane landed, and we were dismissed Rin and I were one of the first ones off.

We greeted the rest of our friends as they walked off. Rin grumbled as he saw Gou walk off with Seijuro.

I immediately ran to hug Gou as Rin went for Seijuro.

"I'll kill you!"

"Hey man! It's not what you're th-!" He put his arms up defensively.

I giggle with Gou.

"Sorry?"

She sighs, "It's fine."

After Rin decided he was done chasing the poor guy, we had to go our separate ways.

"I gotta head back with my team," Rin says, "Thanks for everything, guys." He smiles to us all.

"Don't forget us this time!" Nagisa pleads.

Rin chuckles, "Nope."

He says goodbye to each of us individually. When he gets to me, he wears a bitter-sweet smile.

He stares into my (E/C) eyes, cupping my cheek with his hand. I was sure my cheeks were pink again. There's a slight pause, "Bye (Y/N)," He says softly before leaving.

I stand there watching as Rin leaves, completely dumbfounded. Was it possible for me to even fall for him any further than this?