Chapter 11 || Rin's New Friend

||Y/N's Point Of View||

School started just a few days ago, and it was odd that it was great there. School was going awesome.

Well except for the team. We had all focused on getting the boys into top shape that we forgot to focus on recruiting new members.

One of the goals we needed to accomplish was to accept new teammates. After all when Haru and Makoto leave, this club wouldn't be able to survive with only two swimmers.

So we came up with this brilliant idea for a fund raiser. It would act to support the swim team. And maybe have some kids who'd decide they'd want to join.

We would have different activities involving the pool and of course free food.

One of the main events was the relay we were going to have. Luckily Rin agreed to race against us with his own team.

~*~

"Look at how many people actually showed up!" Nagisa burst with excitement.

It was true that none of us thought this may people would actually show up. It was amazing!

I felt a little on edge though. I desperately wanted to see Rin again. I wanted to talk to him. I still worried about the kiss.

Nervous, I watched the door for Rin to show up.

Eventually, he did. He showed up with who I assumed to be some of his team.

"You're here!" Gou squeals at her brother.

"Yeah," He scoffs.

I walked behind Gou, nervously paying no mind to Rin. Or at least I didn't want to.

"Hey," He acknowledges me.

I smile at him.

"So this is my team for today," He says, "This is Sousuke, Nitori, and Momo."

Momo gives Gou and I a weak wink.

He seemed to look familiar.

"I'm Seijuro's little brother," He answers.

So that explained it...

Rin went off to go chat with Haru.

"Hey there," Sousuke's voice was deep.

"Hi," I smile at him.

"You're Gou's friend?" He asks.

"Yep."

"You're cute," He says not taking his eyes off mine.

I feel myself blush, "Thanks."

"No really. Anyone ever tell you that?"

I think about it for a second. "No."

He smirks, "Well you are."

Before I can say anything else, Rin walks up to the two of us.

"What are you talking about?" He scowls.

"Nothing." I say.

"Why are you blushing?" Rin questions.

"I'm n-not blushing..." I spit out, making me blush even more.

I hated that whenever I tried to deny something, my face always went red.

"You're lying," Rin rolls his eyes.

"I was just telling this beautiful girl how pretty she was. That's all." Sousuke nonchalantly responds.

"Tch." Rin scoffs, an attitude imminent on his face.

Was he getting angry?

"We got to get ready for the relay," Rin hisses, storming off.

Sousuke shrugs at me before following Rin.

I walked to Gou, watching the relay.
The thought of Rin being jealous didn't leave my mind. ....Was he?

I couldn't stop thinking about it even as the race took place. I didn't realize it even started until I heard cheers that indicated Haru won for us.

"We won!" Gou squeals.

"Hmm?" I respond, "O-oh. Right!" I laugh wearily.

What I did pay attention to though was Rin's friend Sousuke getting out of the water. He seemed a bit annoyed that Haru beat him.

Gou ran up to our team, "Great race!"

Sousuke shook Haru's hand, "Good race."

I stared at this boy. Sure he was handsome, tall, and a pretty good swimmer from what I'd seen. But Rin had nothing to be jealous about. If he even cared that is.

It seemed as if Rin glared at me.

Sousuke then turned his attention towards me, "Would a pretty girl like you mind if she was asked out?"

I gulped in shock. "N-no..." My flustered self says.

I guess this was it for Rin.

"No!" Rin snaps.

"Huh?" I innocently question.

Rin fumes, "That's a no, Sousuke."

Sousuke lets out a chuckle, "Okay, I get it. I'll lay off."

I look at the two boys in front of me. They seemed to have a silent stare off as they glared daggers at each other.

Rin had no business in dictating in my life. It wasn't like I was going to go for a guy like Sousuke but still...

Why did Rin need to act that way?

I stayed silent for a second, pondering whether or not I should stick up for myself.

"What's your problem Rin?" The words fumble from my mouth.

Rin looks at me, his eyes cold.

"You have no right to do that!"

Rin scoffs at me. His eyes stare me down before he storms away.

"Rin!" I call out.

But it was no use. I'd just have to let him cool down.