Chapter 2 || Running into an old 'friend'

||Y/N's Point Of View||

"Guys hurry up we're going to be late!" Gou rushed us.

It was the day of the tournaments, the day we'd all been eagerly awaiting. So we were all a bit on edge.

"Nagisa, do you have your swimsuit?" Gou asks.

"Yeah!"

"Are you sure? Because you tend to forget lots of things," Gou asks again.

"I'm sure! Just cool it," Nagisa whines.

"You know how important this is! You need to be completely ready," Gou lectures him.

This earns some smirks from the other guys.

"You too! Don't think this is funny!" She points her finger to them, "This is serious, and you have to treat it as such!" She fumes.

"Okay, Gou." Makoto assures her, the four boys' faces red.

I couldn't help but smile to myself. She meant well.

~*~

"And next up we have the freestyle," The announcer spoke.

It was finally Haru's turn, our secret weapon. I felt a bit bummed when Makoto, Rei, and Nagisa didn't win though. It was only the first tournament, so we still had time to improve.

But since Haru was going up next, I had a gut feeling he had this in the bag. That boy was a damn good swimmer. He didn't even need to practice, which meant that I didn't even need to worry about him.

I was completely sure he was going to win this for us. There wasn't a doubt in my mind. And Gou practically confirmed this for me.

"It's okay guys, Haru's going up next! He's got this!"

This seemed to lighten everyone's spirits back up. And we watched in our seats as the swimmers got ready.

"Hey, isn't that Rin?" Nagisa suddenly asks almost dumbfounded.

"Hey, it is!" Makoto's smile is huge.

I search through the swimmers to try to find him. His red hair was unmistakable.

"That is my brother!" Gou squeals.

I blink my eyes a few times to try and confirm it.

"That means Haru and Rin are going to race each other again!" Nagisa perks with excitement.

"I never thought I'd see this again..." Makoto says, eyes trained on the sight of the pool.

My eyes grow wide, so it was Rin. But I thought he was in Australia?

"Who is he again?" Rei chuckles wearily.

"Oh he's Gou's big brother!" Nagisa smiles.

Right, I had forgotten Rei was new to the group. He hadn't gotten the chance to meet Rin before.

I focused my attention back on the swimmers. With Rin and Haru, this would be an unforgettable race. I doubt Rin would ever go easy on Haru after what happened.