Chaper 3 || Red Hot Temper

||Y/N's Point Of View||

"Okay so here's the plan," Gou says, "Today we're swimming the relay! You'll each swim with whatever you're comfortable with. And you'll do your best!"

Rei, Nagisa and Makoto nod in agreement, Haru staying silent. I wondered if he was still bothered by yesterday... Would it hurt to ask him?

"Hey Haru," I tried getting his attention.

He just looks at me with his usual blank face.

"You'll do great," I give him a warm smile.

I expected him to not respond. Say nothing. But instead he says, "Thanks, (Y/N). I'll do it for the team."

I smile in return at him. "For the team!" We all chant together.

~*~

Gou and I were watching from the bleachers. The relay was about to start with everyone ready.

"You guys got this!" Gou yells from the crowd.

I turn to her, "I doubt they can hear you from here."

"I can certainly try, can't I?"

I shrug, "Sure. You can, Gou."

A few moments later, and the whistle sounds for the race to start. As soon as it does, Makoto was quick to swim. We all cheered as he easily swam in first place.

"Go Mako!" I cheered from the bleachers.

It seemed as soon as Makoto started, he finished. We were doing great so far, first place. Nagisa quickly dove into the water as soon as Makoto was back.

Nagisa was holding onto first place, and I felt over excited. He held a strong lead, and I knew then that we could do it. We would do it.

And then it was Rei who was next. I felt myself tense up when I saw how he started struggling. Something was wrong, he was slowing down. He tried his best but by now he was in last place.

It took a bit for Rei to reach the end, but finally Haru went.

"You got this Haru!" Gou yells.

It was as if a miracle happened. Haru, who was dead in last place, moved up to first.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Before I knew it, Haru had won.

"In a shock Iwatobi moves on to regionals!" The announcer confirmed it.

I looked at Gou in disbelief.

"We did it!" She cheered.

We made our way to the guys, who were celebrating.

"You did it Haru!" Nagisa cheered.

"I can't believe it..." Makoto chuckles.

"If it hadn't been for me, you wouldn't have even worried about losing..." Rei looks down in shame.

"Don't say that Rei! You tried your best." I give him a warm smile. "Besides, we're going to regionals!"

"And great job out there Haru," Gou tells him.

He just nods. It was nice seeing him back to his old uncaring self.

"Hey," I hear a husky voice.

"Rin," I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"What was that out there, huh? Why would you let an amateur swim?! He could have cost you the race!" He starts yelling at us, but I couldn't help feeling that it was more directed to Haru.

"But we didn't." Gou says to her brother.

Haru just stares at Rin. I hadn't realized how bad their relationship was...I thought they were best friends. At least they used to be...

"That was dumb what you did!" He continues.

"What's your problem?" I ask.

"(Y/N)," He finally notices me.

"What are you even doing here? You've won your race already." Rei snaps.

"You're a good team," Rin hisses, "What are you doing with this amateur? What they didn't have enough swimmers at Iwatobi?"

I couldn't understand what had ticked Rin off so much. Why was he acting like this? It wasn't his business in the first place.

"Rin stop that," Gou tells him.

"I'll see you at regionals," Rin mutters before storming off.

What the hell was that exactly? What was Rin's problem?