Chapter 9 || Kiss Kiss Farewell

||Y/N/'s Point Of View||

"I can't believe it's your final year next year!" I praised Haru and Makoto.

It was finally summer vacation. I was moving into my second year of high school along with Gou, Rei, and Nagisa.

As much as I wanted to be excited for the summer, I felt sad since I couldn't spend it with my best friends. I was going on vacation for the whole summer. But I was going to be back in time for the new school year.

It was also sad since it was Makoto and Haru's final year.

To celebrate this, since I was leaving, the six of us were going to this party over at Samezuka. It was a small goodbye party for their swim captain, Seijuro. Even though I barely knew him, we were all invited.

~*~

"Do I look okay?" I ask Gou before we enter the building.

"You look fine!" She reassures me.

"Relax, besides what're you worried about?" Makoto shoots me a smile.

I frown, "I just wanna make sure..."

That was partly it. Maybe I was wearing this dress for Rin. Hell, of course I was.

"You look great," Makoto Ruffles my hair.

"Don't touch my hair!" I snap at him.

I hated being on edge tonight. I just wanted to enjoy myself. But I knew I wouldn't since my mind would not allow that. Was I being too obsessed over Rin?

"Glad you could make it!" Seijuro says as soon as he sees us.

"Thank you," Gou smiles to him, making a wide grin appear on his face.

"It's no problem, really," Seijuro is bashful, "Enjoy yourself. I'll announce the new captain in a little while."

That was right. Since he was the captain and leaving, there needed to be a new one. I wondered who it would be?

I scanned my eyes through the crowd of guys who I assumed to be in the swim team. I mean that's why we were all here, right?

As soon as my eyes locked on the sight of red hair, I felt my mood change. I excused myself from the guys and Gou and made my way over to Rin.

Instead of tapping him, I stood on my tippy toes and whispered into his ear. "Hey there."

The boy turned around, his expression confused until his eyes focused on mine. Immediately his lips curled into a smile.

"Hey," He responds, "Glad you're here."

Instantly he wraps his arms around me. I gasped slightly at the unexpected embrace. I didn't question it though, wanting to take in his scent for all it was worth. I buried my head in his chest, wrapping my arms around him too.

Was this just a friendly hug?

After a few seconds, he lets me go. I felt disappointed deep down when he let me go honestly.