Chapter 1 || Training for tournaments

||Y/N's Point Of View||

It was a beautiful spring day. The trees were all decorated in pink due to the beautiful cherry blossoms. It was wonderful out, it wasn't too cold or warm. Just right. Except not everything...

"Gou! Where are you?! Training starts soon!" I yell into my phone.

My best friend Gou was not picking up. I absolutely hated when she did this. And to top it off, the guys' practice started soon. They were going to train for the upcoming tournament, and I didn't want to delay them. This was important.

I groaned as I got Gou's voicemail once again. 'Where would she be?' I asked myself.

And then I decided to call Makoto. He'd know where she was.

"Hey Makoto," I said as soon as he answered.

"Hey, (Y/N) where are you?" He asks.

"Sorry, I'm trying to reach Gou. Do you know where she is by any chance?" I sheepishly chuckle.

"Not a clue. But you know her," He chuckles, "Just get to the pool, I'm sure she'll come by soon."

I sigh, "Okay." She was probably off shopping or something.

~*~

"Gou!" I yell as soon as I see her red hair.

"I'm sorry, I just ran out to go buy some protein for the guys. You know how important this tournament is! They need to be in perfect shape!" She gleams a smile.

"Which is why you need to be on time!" I scold her.

"You're right, sorry. We've only got a week left to train." She says.

"Exactly." I say, focusing my attention to the guys in the pool.

"Look at their forms!" Gou squeals. "Those muscles!"

"Gou..." I roll my eyes, even though I couldn't help but agree.

"I told you to stop calling me that! It's Kou, it sounds more girly that way," She reminds me.

She always told me to call her that, even though I never have. She's always been Gou to me, and always will be. I find it amusing when she gets annoyed over it.

"Right," I reply shaking my head.

About twenty minutes later, the guys got out of the pool. With an exception of Haru who insisted on swimming more.

"So this is your new diet for now. Just try it out, I think it'll really improve your stamina and everything." Gou states.

"Hey thanks! I'm sure this'll work." Nagisa positively beams.

"If you're sure it will help, then I guess I see no harm in trying," Rei states.

"Good enough for me," Makoto smiles.

I look over at Haru for his comment, but he's currently underwater. I smile to myself, 'He wouldn't care either way' I say to myself.

The five of us sit there, eating the food that Gou got for us. Watching the sun set, it was as Rei would put it, "Beautiful."

Still, I couldn't help thinking about the tournaments next week. I mean, I saw the effort the team really put forth. And honestly, we were damn good. But how good were the other teams?

I couldn't afford to think like that. I just needed to think positively. Besides, I couldn't wait to see the guys in action. I was sure we could beat the other teams. We were going to do great, I just knew it.