Chapter 21 || Bitter Sweet

||Y/N's Point Of View||

"Everything okay, Rin?" I ask my boyfriend who's face seemed to be drained.

We were hanging out in his dorm, I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could seeing as how he was going to leave for college in just a few days.

He's hesitant, "Yeah--why?"

I furrow my eyebrows, "You're acting distant is all."

He's been acting this way all day and it's been worrying me.

He frowns, "Sorry, just got a lot on my mind."

"You can always talk to me," I look into his eyes with sympathy.

"I know."

"Rin please."

"Look," He holds my hand, "I'm fine." His words are gentle but his eyes seem sad.

Against my wishes, I decide to drop it. He'd tell me at some point...

"Well let's head on over to the pool," I say changing the subject.

There was a party going on for Rin as the coach. Sort of like last year, with Seijuro. It was a goodbye party the guys had put together.

Rin grumbles at this.

I offer him a bitter-sweet smile. Maybe he was upset over leaving?

~*~

"There he is!" A voice announces before running to Rin and I.

"Hey Momo," Rin gives a half hearted smile.

And then comes along Nitori, "You're here!" He beams with a grin.

Rin just nods his head, only a somber smile appearing on his lips.

"Hey there," Makoto comes along. "Been expecting you."

"Well let's get the party going!" Nagisa cheers.

"Where's Haru?" I ask to no one in particular.

"Umm," Gou giggles pointing to the pool.

He was currently the only one swimming in the pool. Haru floated on his back, with not a care in the world.

You couldn't pull him away from water even if you tried.

He was odd, sure but that's where he belonged. I'm glad he decided not to give up swimming. He was going to continue swimming for his future. Hell maybe even the Olympics one day.

Rin too. Was I happy when he chose to go to college in another country? Not really, but I knew he was chasing his passion. If that was what he wanted, I'd always support him.

I'd support him no matter what. It's going to be hard this next year, to barely see him. It saddened me to think about.

We barely talked about this. I never asked him what we were going to do when he goes away, I'm just assuming we'll stay in a long distance relationship.